Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the midst of a rebuild/restoration and have decided to get rid of the K&N and go back to stock.
The previous owner did not keep the old parts so I am looking for the plastic chamber (#11) and cannot seem to source one. Does anyone have any advise on where I might get one?
Cheers
Murray

Attachments

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I'm in the midst of a rebuild/restoration and have decided to get rid of the K&N and go back to stock.
The previous owner did not keep the old parts so I am looking for the plastic chamber (#11) and cannot seem to source one. Does anyone have any advise on where I might get one?
Cheers
Murray
I think there may be one in my garage:D

Let me check, I think teh RD03 and RD04 units are the same.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I think there may be one in my garage:D

Let me check, I think teh RD03 and RD04 units are the same.
they are different, I recall Thunder messing about with an 04 one on his 03?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
they are different, I recall Thunder messing about with an 04 one on his 03?
I think you may be right but I should have one of each somewhere as my latest RD03 is running on K&N's as well as my Marathon but that came with cone filters already fitted:thumbleft:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
IIRC the RD03 is smaller, as using the the RDo4 airbox is a popular upgrade on the RD03. Chad was going to use the RD04 airbox on Toxic's original 650 engine.

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
The part under discussion is not common to the 03 and 04, you can fit the 04 part to an 03 as long as you also fit the rubber connector to the actual "airbox" but from memory they are discontinued and hard to source.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
yes those are as rare as rocking horse poo . you can fit the RD04 part but again the rubber is hard to get hold of , however these nice peeps will most likely be able to help you out have a butchers at the RD03 page and also try the RD04 page to do the upgrade

hamart - RD03 Gebrauchtteile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts