Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Kawasaki dealer has an open weekend this week end. So me, the wife and a mate who rides a ZX10 went down. I had a test ride on the new ZZR1400 and my mate took out a new ZX10 to compare it to his which is on a 54 plate. Test route was about 25 miles of twisty corners and country lanes and A roads.

My impression of the ZZR was that chassis was very good and being long did give it more straightline stability. Wife said it was fast and she needed to hold on tight, despite never going over 100mph, it was just that she's used to not having very much wind attacking her on the Varadero and top box to lean against so it probably felt faster to her than it was actually going:rolleyes::rolleyes:. My impression was that it was a nice bike and could make a novice rider look like an expert:p:p:p, but i just found it easy to ride boring and characterless:eek::eek::eek:.

My mate said that the new ZX10 was smoother than his and turned quicker but the bike itself was noticably slower than his model, which doesn't surprise me as they did have to make them a bit more road friendly early ones were a bit of an handfull.

Lots of things on offer and prices being discounted, i needed enduro body armour and did manage to get a zip up armour with spine board and full padding made by GP PRO for £65 reduced. Don't know if that was a good price for it but it's same style as the SInnisalo ones i looked at for £115 so was happy to pay the £65.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
So are you going to get one next?
I have had a couple of Kawasaki's, a 250 Triple and a Z400 both were nice bikes but did lack the character of the Transalp.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are you going to get one next?
I have had a couple of Kawasaki's, a 250 Triple and a Z400 both were nice bikes but did lack the character of the Transalp.
No, they had most of the range there i just fancied seeing what it was like to ride heard some people giving it good reviews in the past and some bike mags liked it

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
No, they had most of the range there i just fancied seeing what it was like to ride heard some people giving it good reviews in the past and some bike mags liked it
So yet again the Boring old Honda wins.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The Versys had a good write-up in MCN recently. Came out better than Wee-strom and a 650 (800) Beemer. I like the look of it, but hand-guards would improve it IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts