Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just fitted my flatside carb to my Dommie and was wondering which of the two push/pull controls is the choke?

Keihin-FCR-MX-41-carburetor-with-air-cut-valve-hot-start-Frank-MXParts.jpg
I know one of them is the choke but what is the second one for and which is which? :thumbup:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thats interesting, on my fcr the choke is the lower plunger and the top one was a cable operated hot start,
i've now connected my choke to the original dommie cable operated mechanism and fitted the choke plunger into the hot start hole, the top one in my case, to plug it up, you'll never need the hot start
does yours have the little black one (the choke) at the top or bottom ?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The black one is below the red one and much smaller.:thumbup:
Its all hooked up and ready to go ,I just need to figure out some kind of additional support for the carb so it doesnt damage the rubber on the carb boot because they are as rare as rocking horse shite and it took me ages to find one , I had to modify a 27bhp one from Germany as the inlet was much smaller.....
All I need now is a break in the monsoon type weather we are enjoying and some petrol to see if it starts up.:angel10::angel10::angel10:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Unfortunately the bike is in my living room and sitting on a beer case , my son is away for easter and I need his help to get it off the case and into the garden.
I went out and bought some fresh benzin and tried to start it in the living room but the battery wasnt up for it as the bike hasnt been started for around a year and never tried with the flatside on.
I managed to get a few small pops and backfires before the battery died which stank up my apartment.:(:(:(
The battery is now on charge and before you ask , I live alone so if I want to start my bike in my living room ,no one gets to complain about it.;););)
It only took five minutes to get rid of the smell with the windows open so when my son gets back from his chasing Danish teenage totty trip ,we can hopefully post a video of the test ride.:thumbup:
If it starts which I am sure it will.:cool::cool::cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts