·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
You organise and I'll come;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Whealie, i will put something together for a Sunday around Kent lanes, and post it on site.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Very much like to do that. Hope I am free.

If you ever just fancy an hour to two one evening or even during the day, let me know. I have a fair amount of flexibility and often work from home.

·
Registered
592 Posts
kent coastal ride

Hi all, as there not too much going on in the Kent area in the way of rides, I thought I might try to put a ride together around the Kent coast. Meeting at the services on top of Deting Hill A249 postcode ME14 3HT, 9am Sunday 4th July. The trip will be going through Whitstable. Hernebay, Margate, Sandwich,Deal, Dover, Hythe, Dungeness, Camber and Rye. There will be stops on the way,ending at the bikers meeting place in Rye, anyone wishing to come along is more than welcome.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
468 Posts
Could also be interested, the suggested route seems to run right past my place off the Sandwich/Deal road :thumbright:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Another time. I'm on hols. But very interested.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm also local nr Lenham but firstly, 9:00 is a bit early for me on a Sunday :rolleyes: and secondly, as I've been away on the bike for the last two weekends I know what will happen if I ask for another pass before I've caught up on my chores :pain10:

Some other time biggles and if I ride out I'll let you know:thumbup:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all, first sorry it's taking time for me to reply, only computer at home has problems which should be sorted at the weekend. having to logon at work. As for start times never know what to do for best, i am willing to go with the flow, but as i have already put this out i will stick with 9am this time. would be nice if we could get something going in the Kent area on a regular basis.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi all, first sorry it's taking time for me to reply, only computer at home has problems which should be sorted at the weekend. having to logon at work. As for start times never know what to do for best, i am willing to go with the flow, but as i have already put this out i will stick with 9am this time. would be nice if we could get something going in the Kent area on a regular basis.
Hello there guys. Bit slow off the mark (as per!) But I'm defo up for some kent ride out action in the future. :-D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
How did this go?

Anyone fancy a few hours out this weekend sometime?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Whealie, to answer your question, i felt like billy no mates. waited at the services for 30 mins, then set off on my own. Mind you half way round i wished i'd not bothered (very hot day), just a shame theres not alot of intrest in the kent area for rides.

Anyway i'm grounded for a week now as i'm on 7 days standby for work. can' get out now until 24th 25th.

On another note, i have just fitted Givi engine bars, and have a tank cover on order for my 07 Transalp, they look the part. Don't want to have to test them just yet.

Thanks for your intrest in the ride, Hope to meet up with some of you soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Whealie, to answer your question, i felt like billy no mates. waited at the services for 30 mins, then set off on my own. Mind you half way round i wished i'd not bothered (very hot day), just a shame theres not alot of intrest in the kent area for rides.

Anyway i'm grounded for a week now as i'm on 7 days standby for work. can' get out now until 24th 25th.

On another note, i have just fitted Givi engine bars, and have a tank cover on order for my 07 Transalp, they look the part. Don't want to have to test them just yet.

Thanks for your intrest in the ride, Hope to meet up with some of you soon.
Hi Mate. Shame no one showed. As I said before, I missed the boat on this one but I'm well up for meeting up. Have you been down the North down way greenlane? It's over your way. Looks quite a good one. Could prob meet up on the 24th for a quick ride. I'm off on holiday the next day so can't dissapear all day but could spare 3 or 4 hours.
I'm gonna get me some engine bars as soon as I can afford it (just had to fork out on the car :mad:). Where you getting the tank cover? I have a 07 tranny, is yours the 650 too?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi rizerdibo, I have been on the mountain bike along the North Downs for a short way. could make a good ride, i will have a look at the map.

as for the bike it's a 07, 650, blue/silver. engine bars and tank cover ordered through Hein Gericke in Maidstone. tank cover is a baglux. got to wait 3/4 weeks for that.

try to meet for a ride soon.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Will have to play it by ear what with my family situation right now.

But may have some free time Sunday morning, if anyone fancies a meet up.

Philip, you'd be welcome to come her and we can take my Dr 350 and the zebra and swap about a bit if you like. Would Doctor Law care to join us do you think?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Will have to play it by ear what with my family situation right now.

But may have some free time Sunday morning, if anyone fancies a meet up.

Philip, you'd be welcome to come her and we can take my Dr 350 and the zebra and swap about a bit if you like. Would Doctor Law care to join us do you think?
Can't do this weekend. Next Sat? Mmmmm DR 350! Was looking at getting one but all my funds dissapeared in one fail swoop on the metal coffin.:(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi rizerdibo, I have been on the mountain bike along the North Downs for a short way. could make a good ride, i will have a look at the map.

as for the bike it's a 07, 650, blue/silver. engine bars and tank cover ordered through Hein Gericke in Maidstone. tank cover is a baglux. got to wait 3/4 weeks for that.

try to meet for a ride soon.
Hey Biggles!
Cool. Looks like a nice ride. Don't get out that way much.
The baglux looks good and makes a good protection for the tank. Nice way of carrying a tank bag without scratching the paintwork too.
Keep us informed about a ride!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts