Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after arriving after the rain Sharrie, Caity M and my self arrived at Hundred house, Forest fields about 2100hrs after being taken out by another spiky land mine in the rear tyre around Merthyr Tydfil. The party had started silly hats, T shirts stickers and Beer. Yet again Sharrie had OCD about putting kit in the tent and lost here keys :D OOPs Jeff's fire pit, Gazeebo, and fridge served us well. Big thanks Jeff and Claire. After many bottles of beer and rose and Coke only the hard core where left standing Vader (sort of standing) Debs, Sharrie and Myself. Saturday Mike Beddows managed to convince Vader, Boris, Wheelie, Chad and myself to do two trails around the camp. after a nice morning out we arrived back before the mountain women had returned from their walk in the marches. Kids played in the lake, Beer flowed swiftly and tree's fell. Vader done a fantastic job of cooking.
It was good to see some new and old faces Mike Beddow and Fione with their two axe swinging Girls, Deano and his wife I apologise for not remembering her name and their daughter. Jeniffer Henderson top sweet eater Daughter of Gordon, Chad and Steve with Rhiannon, Alex and Tony. Jeff and Clair, Shamus, Terry Ann, Mike and Sian, Debs only brought one child this year Pete, Kate the wine magician and Chris with Molly and Marther. Sharrie Caity M and My self. got home at six on Sunday Knackered another good XRV weekend.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Great weekend. Sad to be at work now. We all want to take at least the Monday off next year.

Big thanks to Jeff for organising it again and ensuring the weather remained the traditional overcast grey cold so that Marta went back to Spain with a stereotypical view of what Wales is like mid-summer:p.

Got up at 4am to pack Kate off to Heathrow with the girls. Kate has already dropped them off and dropped the car back at my parents' home in Hampshire and it's no 8am yet.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Yup a great weekend was had by all. We got back around tea time with the only rain in the Scottish borders. Glad to be on the bike as we filtered for ages on the M6 due to a horse box going over and blocking a couple of lanes.

Camping was great fun and as usual Fforest Fields did us proud with the pitches with the same corner of the site to ourselves. Unfortunately this didn't stop some of the more vocal members of our posse being told off by the owner for being a bit too loud as the evening wore on. (Can you guess who?) :hitler:

The chaps wood foraging abilities worked wonders and we turned up some mighty tree trunks that went in the fire. They took a bit of cutting with our small folding saws and blunt axe but in the end it all went in the fire

No photos of the offroading I'm afraid but despite having to pick up the GS bike a few times (not all my fault I'll add) it was still a bloody good laugh. I can also confirm this offroading lark is a good bit easier when your glasses aren't all steamed up and covered in rain :) I really must get a better solution than not breathing. A special offroading award too Chad for being able to wedge an Africa Twin between his buttocks and then walk through the sections thus ensuring there was no possibility of it falling over. And Mike for tearing past us in order to set up for photos when we were getting stuck in the ruts.

Highlights
The company
Offroading and not falling off as much as I expected.
Whealies topbox rolling down this gravel climb like a barrel out of Donkey Kong. Some of us left ours at the campsite for a very good reason
Sharrie having "a word" with J for mistakenly wearing her brand new T shirt when we went offroading. (It really should have been burned after that)
Jennifer having fun despite being the oldest girl (and probably the most mature person) there
Vader's fried eggs in the morning. They really are something else.
Jeff's mad dog. More energy that the rest of us put together.
Kate managing to make "rather a lot" of drink disappear before Whealie while assuring us she had everything under control.

And everyone else for simply making it a fab weekend despite the rain

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
Sounds like a great time had by all, was enjoying "sharing" in the excitement from afar until this line gave me a mental image which will haunt me to the grave! :toothy3:

A special offroading award too Chad for being able to wedge an Africa Twin between his buttocks and then walk through the sections thus ensuring there was no possibility of it falling over.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
The Beddows Mob had a great weekend. Great to meet everyone again. I have loads of photos so will post later when I get time.

I was disapointed to see no other adults out for a swim in the Lake. Made me feel so lonely on my own (kids dont count!).

Thanks to all for making it such a great weekend, we will be back again next year!.

Thanks to Boris for loaning me the GSA for a quick blast (and the stickers:thumbright: ), Chad for a loan of his RD04 for a play and Whealie for the tyre soap.

Top weekend. Roll on the National (or the camping trails next weekend in North Wales if anyone is interested).

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Sharrie having "a word" with J for mistakenly wearing her brand new T shirt when we went offroading. (It really should have been burned after that)
How can this be true? how could he possibly fit into one of Sharries t-shirts?

I demand photographic evidence :D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Can someone that actually knows where we went on the Saturday mark the trails on this map. A link for the start and end point for each trail would be good.

If you use X Marks The Spot you can right click on a spot and copy and paste the resulting link in a reply to this thread

Thanks

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Can someone that actually knows where we went on the Saturday mark the trails on this map. A link for the start and end point for each trail would be good.

If you use X Marks The Spot you can right click on a spot and copy and paste the resulting link in a reply to this thread

Thanks
Nothing happens when I right click link...so here's the grid references.

130453 Start, 158533 end
179506 start, 144505 end

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
P8133001.jpg
Setting up camp
P8133032.jpg
The water was pretty cold....didnt seem to bother the kids that much though..and yes that is me wading to the shallows.
P8133042.jpg
Kyaking with my girls
P8133045.jpg P8133047.jpg
Toasting marshmallows
P8133050.jpg P8133053.jpg

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
A few photos from the trails I did on Sunday on my way home.
P8143062.jpg P8143063.jpg
Some overgrown tight trails.
P8143065.jpg
Woops, parked up to open a gate, threw my leg over the bike and put my right foot on the floor only for it to dissapear int he mud leaving me completely over balanced. Down goes the @.
P8143066.jpg
Got as far as I could on this trail. Really overgrown.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
At least my falls went unrecorded :)
Only because you were too damn quick picking the bike back up. Ive never seen such speed.

This will just have to do. You are not on your bike, and the bike isnt on a stand so it counts as a drop. .....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

P8133017.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Only because you were too damn quick picking the bike back up. Ive never seen such speed.

This will just have to do. You are not on your bike, and the bike isnt on a stand so it counts as a drop. .....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

View attachment 14490
Oi. That's not fair... I laid my bike on it's side (not for the first time I'll add) so I could help Whealie pick up the Zebra. There were a couple of drops for real but that's not one of them and as there are no photos they don't count :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Looks like you all had a great time, and some grand photos there :thumbup:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
I'm home now. As usual cracking weekend, many, many thanks to Jeff for arranging once again.

Photos to follow.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Fantastic weekend :thumbright:

Arrived Thursday evening to find Mike, Sian, Gordon and his lovely daughter Jeniffer and pinched the prime pitches, So there was no option but to drive the command centre around the tents and the abandoned Gsa by remote.

Pitched up between showers and set about drinking and catching up with the others.

Friday afternoon the was a steady stream of people arriving, Pete and Debs were first followed by Chad who was in a bit of a flap to find Stevie and the girls had not arrived even though they had left a good 30 minutes before him and thought they may be heading for the Elan Valley as he could not remember if he had set the sat nav correctly after getting lost last year and had no phone signal to phone her,
So into the car to go look, But as we were leaving the site they arrived.

Rizerdibo and Beddowsm arrived next with Whealie a short while later, Kate, Molly and Marta had already arrived pitched the tent and Kate had managed to speed drink a bottle of wine and get food done for the girls before chris had rolled in.

The Price's arrived fashionaly late after jay had a puncture on route to the site and then the fun begain (just don't mention the lost bike keys):bom:

DSCF1224.jpg DSCF1226.jpg DSCF1230.jpg DSCF1238.jpg DSCF1236.jpg

And big thanks to Chad and Stevie for allowing the kids to use they're tent as base camp for the whole weekend. I think Teri-Ann enjoyed it :toothy3::toothy3::toothy3:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Great pic. Sums up the weekend - just smiles.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts