Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to anyone else who has a kindle with keyboard the 3G version, could you confirm internet usage.
I bought one it was delivered yesterday and today at work I tried for the first time and it gave a warning through the browser that internet option was available in Germany??????????????

I only bought the bloody thing for the internet...I knew it would be restricted with no graphic card but I expected to get emails and forums

Is this a Kraut problem or is no 3G internet available???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
i didnt think there was any "internet access" as such on any kindle, i thought the connection was there to be able to connect to amazon kindle store and that was it, rather than it being a browser per se

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Chris,

Straight answer is 3G touch,... No, but the older 3g is limited and alike older Kindle WIFY .

I have the older Wify with keyboard which does access the web but is what it is - Experimental.

The Amazon Kindle team says:
We apologize for the confusion. Our new Kindle Touch 3G enables you to connect to the Kindle Store, download books and periodicals, and access Wikipedia - all over 3G or Wi-Fi. Experimental web browsing (outside of Wikipedia) on Kindle Touch 3G is only available over Wi-Fi.

Our Kindle Keyboard 3G will continue to offer experimental web browsing over 3G or Wi-Fi.g touch g

1 - 3 of 3 Posts