Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annette is driving down and can carry large items. Other people local may also be able to help.
What do we need and where can we get it?

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
We could do with a marquee like Squirrel borrowed from the Thumper Club last time - is this something that the organisers of the GS meet might be able to help with? It's a GS Club UK thingy - is MOM or anyone a member that could ask Dave & Val?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I think i remember Stormforce talking about maybe buying one? or having access to one.You might want to check that out first.I mean the National is here to stay might be a option to buy one??

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Remembering the size of the Thumper Club's one in packed state, we'd just have to work out how to get it to the 2009 National if it was in Scotland or somewhere - they're not small.

I don't think it's a bad idea - we just have to think of the logistics etc

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Remembering the size of the Thumper Club's one in packed state, we'd just have to work out how to get it to the 2009 National if it was in Scotland or somewhere - they're not small.

I don't think it's a bad idea - we just have to think of the logistics etc
How much would it cost to send something like that with Parcelforce,DHL???

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
How much would it cost to send something like that with Parcelforce,DHL???
Shedloads of money, due to the both size and weight unfortunately, but we can cross those bridges when we get to them.

I go away for a couple of days and I see Whealie's already offering out my services:D:D:D

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Aye, was gonna say the same = a 3m x 9m marquee (about 40 people standing) comes in two bags. For an example, one I've found online is:

1 x 225 x 25 x 15cm weight 46kg
1 x 65 x 55 x 32cm weight 28kg

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Aye, was gonna say the same = a 3m x 9m marquee (about 40 people standing) comes in two bags. For an example, one I've found online is:

1 x 225 x 25 x 15cm weight 46kg
1 x 65 x 55 x 32cm weight 28kg
Hmmm
next question would be
We have so many members would it not be possible for someone,Truck driver,someone on holiday,Sales person,... take the Marquee to the location of the next National:confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
How about just worrying about the 2008 National first? There will be a marquee available - so that's item one sorted:D:D. I will be taking it to the event and bringing it back again. We will be arriving on Thursday so as long as there are 3 or 4 people to help put it up, it will be there for when everyone arrives.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about just worrying about the 2008 National first? There will be a marquee available - so that's item one sorted:D:D. I will be taking it to the event and bringing it back again. We will be arriving on Thursday so as long as there are 3 or 4 people to help put it up, it will be there for when everyone arrives.
I'll be there Thursday.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Phoned the "Plume" earlier,Marque is ok,upped our reservation to 55 tent spaces.no electricity and no whealie there is no internet connection.Apparently there is a Cafe just down the road which has wireless but not sure how far away?

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
i intend to be there thusday as well so we can get the marquee up:thumbup: and drink beer and sing the dringing song:D:D:D

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Potentially making more work for myself, but what I think would be awesome is 2 or 3 Feather Flags - they're not cheap so would need to come out of the XRV coffers I guess, but would look fantastic and could potentially be "hired" out to individuals for smaller XRV events and so recoup some of the outlay.

I'm sure with a bit of Googling we could find some cheaper suppliers.

I'm happy to work up some designs based on the new logo(s) if we think it's a goer, then they're useable year after year and should pack small enough with telescopic poles to be carried on a bike.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Just as well Annette's arranged one the GS club marquee did a passable imitation of a kite at Beaulieu:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no electricity
I have access to a generator. Shall I get it to Annette's so we can have some lighting and sounds in the marquee? Any sparks out there we can get to string together a set of lights?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Potentially making more work for myself, but what I think would be awesome is 2 or 3 Feather Flags
I have one of those poles they are telescopic and great but the very smallest bit did break on mine, but it is still very tall.

You also have to get them home, put them back up again and dry them out otherwise they stick together.

I think we are getting far too organised to have those.

We have the longest day banner we can use and I am sure we can make something out of an old sheet for nowt if we want to (saying: Long-haired freaky people need not apply)

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
With regards to kit this year:

1. XRV is buying a marquee which will also be available for future use.
2. I am looking at the costings for portable toilets to be paid for by XRV.

There will be no more funds available from xrv for this event I'm afraid. We can add to the xrv kit over a couple of years but can't do it all at once:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With regards to kit this year:

1. XRV is buying a marquee which will also be available for future use.
2. I am looking at the costings for portable toilets to be paid for by XRV.

There will be no more funds available from xrv for this event I'm afraid. We can add to the xrv kit over a couple of years but can't do it all at once:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:
I think that is the sensible option. Long-term sustainability.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts