Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
OK - we are in the process of purchasing a heavy duty 4mtr x 10mtr Marquee - so we should be able to get most people out of the weather if so required.

We will also be setting up shop with XRV Forum products and Rugged Roads products (with a free fitting service by :hitler: :sign5:) so anything that you see in the shop will be available at the National Meet :thumbright:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
National Meet 2008 Stickers are in currently in production.

I've ordered 75 of each - (to be sold as a set of 2) - do you reckon that's enough?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Difficult call as to how many bikes will be there, as some of the numbers will be pillions.

At the end the day though these have a limited lifespan so it is better to have a few people who left it too late disappointed than to have a load left over.

I have the same thing with the T-shirts.

Unless the thread shows a demand for more than 75 within the next few days then I'd stick to that order. You could always say one set per person first and then do second sets if there are some left over.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK - we are in the process of purchasing a heavy duty 4mtr x 10mtr Marquee - so we should be able to get most people out of the weather if so required.

We will also be setting up shop with XRV Forum products and Rugged Roads products (with a free fitting service by :hitler: :sign5:) so anything that you see in the shop will be available at the National Meet :thumbright:
I have a generator available and I understand that we won't have electricity to the marquee from any other source. I'll need to get it down to you sometime.

We will need to think about lighting. Do marquee suppliers sell a chain of lights to hang round them, for example?

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Whealie

I'm getting restricted on space. In the car I will have:

The marquee and all the poles
All the T-Shirts
Rugged Roads Stock
Tent and sleeping stuff for Jamie Lee
Me
Everything we need for the weekend.
Couple of large tables.
Banners

Also, do you think we need a generator? I camp out with a group regularly through the summer and we use a big marquee and don't have any lights in it.

Additionally, I know we have the campsite to ourselves but would the noise keep "early to bedders" awake?

I think they do sell lights but due to the new server we need there are no more funds from the forum available I'm afraid.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
hey we could have a head torch party in the marquee...............................................................:confused: jeeze i cant believe i just typed that:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Also, do you think we need a generator? I camp out with a group regularly through the summer and we use a big marquee and don't have any lights in it.

Additionally, I know we have the campsite to ourselves but would the noise keep "early to bedders" awake?
IIRC, it was plenty dark by around 9pm in mid-September last year - the lights in the marquee certainly made a difference :dontknow:

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
hey we could have a head torch party in the marquee...............................................................:confused: jeeze i cant believe i just typed that:D:D:D:D:D:D
We did that last year, which led to the classic quote from those VERY VERY drunken Northern sportsbike blokes who turned up "Is this a fookin' Miners convention?!" :D

There's always candles...

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The generator is about the size of a topbox.

It would be noisy though.

I wonder how long an extension lead we would need to get to a power source and if the Plume would let us. Might be worth asking first.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Off topic but it just occurred to me: With the marquee available, I will be able to organise winter and summer Working Bees.

In winter we can use my son's cricket club, camp on the outfield and put the marque up in the car park for working in. There's a bar with jazz club on Saturday nights.

And in Summer we can use my rugby club, again a bar etc, with the marquee on the tennis courts for working in.

Sounds like a plan:thumbup:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts