Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Bad cooy of Stefter's design. Having two M8 bolts bear the engine torque is not a good idea. Nonetheless, the Italian company has later updated the design to something that makes more sense. ;-)

·
Registered
84 Posts
The KK superpinion sprocket picks up the innermost and outermost unused splines on the shaft thus eliminating
any twisting movement that is caused by only picking up the unused outermost splines. I believe these are a better
solution to spline wear than the Stefter sprocket.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi have just fitted one ( the latest updated one)good fit no movement the collars holding sprocket onto shaft good for load spreading better than Stefter 3 grub screws, see previous post" Output shaft again".
Have only done about 50 miles approx on it but will report back when more done

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
483 Posts
I bought 2 Stefter sprockets ages ago, 'just in case' for possible future use. But, having seen the spline failure in another thread, brought about by fitting of a Stefter, I don't think I'll be using them. The KK device looks to be more suitable and appears to use the two OE threaded fixing points (?). And it's less expensive. Will be interested to hear future feedback on the KK's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts