Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time again (no comments please)
I'm looking for either a nice KLR or Super 10, looking around 1000-1500 dep on right bike. The closer to Devon the better, altough will travel (a bit) for right bike.
WHY?

·
Stone Crazy
5,312 Posts
Shack are you eating these bikes?

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mervinh your starting to sound like my wife!!
one of my problems is that available bikes and cash are still out of synch!
so I keep seeing great bikes at great prices but never have the cash, sell bikes to release cash to only find that bikes have gone! and so go for things which are often / normaly good, but not quite what I'm after (the Dr-Z was a blast but hard seat, small tank, low spare electrical power, and light front end on the motorway put me off)

Gonna try holding out for something a bit tasty this time (altough I do get nervous when the bike spot in tha garage stays empty too long)

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Worse than me Brother, but lifes for living ... good luck in your quest, I just hope its a S10, cos I think KLRs are just a waste of space with too much smoke getting blown up their pipes by Sceptics who havent got much else to choose from !!!

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Phil, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the KLR then as most people I've heard from are impressed overall.
Andy

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted (and neither of these) KLR 650 or Super Tenere

All sorted thanks, I'm going yellow (not green)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Re: Sorted (and neither of these) KLR 650 or Super Tenere

Or the ex AA M21 outfit up the road, riding that would be an adventure!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Phil, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the KLR then as most people I've heard from are impressed overall.Andy
Just my tuppence worth, but I owned a KLR650 for a couple of years back in the day. Apart from the main drive cog shattering at 60mph whilst banked over on a up hill bend, it was a great reliable bike, I still have the scar from the whole in my elbow! But on the plus side, Kawasaki paid for all of the repairs to the bike as it should have been recalled for the dodgy cog. Oh and the speed wobble I got at 95mph on the motorway (erm... I mean autobahn) and had, what seemed like, a 5 minute struggle speeding up and slowing down to try and stop it! This was due to the front mudguard deciding to get itself in a flap at high speeds! Apart from that, it really is a great bike, plenty of torque, good balance, never let me down and was just the greatest wheelie machine I have ever been on, it would go for ages on the back wheel! I have been on the look out for another one myself, that's how much I liked mine! Has to be an 87 model in red an and white though! Hope this helps!

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Stimpy,
I think the key here is trying to find a good one!
They are still on my 'to try' list (can you imagine how long that is lol) going back to something tried and tested for a while as you family influencing what, where and when I get the chance to clear the cobwebs!
Thanks for your observations, and all the best for finding yours!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Worse than me Brother, but lifes for living ... good luck in your quest, I just hope its a S10, cos I think KLRs are just a waste of space with too much smoke getting blown up their pipes by Sceptics who havent got much else to choose from !!!
Only really said as theres so few of them kicking around here... the Yanks love them and theres thousands over there but I find rare bikes tend to be a right PITA just for general use and i struggle to find any fondness for Kwaks:D much like old exploding huskys:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts