Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....can someone who had the experience with the installation of KNN Air Filter give some advice here? I checked my XRV model to be JH2R07A, its a 2001 XRV Africa Twin 750. According to the KNN website (2003 HONDA XRV750 AFRICA TWIN 742 - All, Replacement Air Filter), the model of KNN Filter should be H-0008. I tried installing this morning but it just wont fit. The KNN filter seemed to be smaller and very tight to fit. Should i be forcing it in abit or have i got the model wrong completely?

Help?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi....can someone who had the experience with the installation of KNN Air Filter give some advice here? I checked my XRV model to be JH2R07A, its a 2001 XRV Africa Twin 750. According to the KNN website (2003 HONDA XRV750 AFRICA TWIN 742 - All, Replacement Air Filter), the model of KNN Filter should be H-0008. I tried installing this morning but it just wont fit. The KNN filter seemed to be smaller and very tight to fit. Should i be forcing it in abit or have i got the model wrong completely?

Help?
I just did the same, you have to take out the mesh in the airbox and then just force it into position it should go on, if the numbers you quote are correct. mines the XRV750W and HA008 filter so you have the right part.
I was not very happy with the fit of the airbox lid but after I slowly tightened the four screws it did seal eventually but did not fit as snuggly as the original but it appears to seal OK as I sprayed water and then took it of again to check if any went inside and it didn't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just fitted the filter in....yeah..have to remove the mesh. Wasnt quite sure at first but managed to get advice on it. It was quite a tight fit...

Fitting the filter was easy. I dropped one of those little screws in the process and it took me almost an hour to locate and pull out that piece! In short, the experience was...priceless :D

Thanks for the feedback anyway... :thumbup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just fitted the filter in....yeah..have to remove the mesh. Wasnt quite sure at first but managed to get advice on it. It was quite a tight fit...

Fitting the filter was easy. I dropped one of those little screws in the process and it took me almost an hour to locate and pull out that piece! In short, the experience was...priceless :D

Thanks for the feedback anyway... :thumbup:
Just realised where you are in Singapore, I'm over the water in Batam.:blob8:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
You're all worrying me now, my K&N just drops in with the mesh in place, although it always pulls the mesh off when I take it out, I just pop it back again.

The cover sits properly too. maybe they have changed the design slightly since I bought mine in 02, although the picture on their website looks the same as mine.:confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmmm...no way i can fit the filter with the mesh in place...that was why i was a little unsure just now....:confused:
It looks like we both bought ours in Singapore, I wonder if there is a slight difference? I think they all come out of the same factory but maybe a Quality Control issue? I HAD to take off the mesh and then is was very tight to fit and to srew down the lid.

·
Mam, my neck ave gone ard
74 Posts
You're all worrying me now, my K&N just drops in with the mesh in place, although it always pulls the mesh off when I take it out, I just pop it back again.

The cover sits properly too. maybe they have changed the design slightly since I bought mine in 02, although the picture on their website looks the same as mine.:confused:
Sounds like they must have. No way mine will fit with the mesh in place. Cover is a very tight fit. What's the purpose of the mesh anyhow?

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Sounds like they must have. No way mine will fit with the mesh in place. Cover is a very tight fit. What's the purpose of the mesh anyhow?
I believe it is there purely to stop you dropping bolts/screws, glass eyes down into the carbs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had the same problem last weekend. You would think if you pay 3x the price of a std replacement you would get a quality well fitting product and not something that needs DIY.

It will only fit if I take off the mesh. There are no guidelines on the box and nothing on the website.

Hope it performs better than it fits.

·
Registered
450 Posts
For metal items that fall out of sight into recesses, I have a telescopic magnetic tipped rod that's brilliant at getting into area's that it would normally be impossible to get to.
I can recommend to everybody and their quite cheap.

(This item does not work with non-ferrous metals mind you)

·
Registered
31 Posts
!!! Its only purpose is to stop Back-Fire from burning the filter !!! and there for is very Important
Eve though most of us call exhaust explosion caused by all sorts of reasons back-fire, those are After fires,residual un-burned fuel partical that made it thorugh the engine and ignite within the exhuast pipe... back fire is when fire from combustion chamber finds its wasy BACK to the airbox, It to has all sorts of reasons and situations that cause it...

Any one who had crancked a big V-block engine which is carb feeded without the filter on knows exactly what im talking about

1 - 14 of 14 Posts