Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roight!!

The Sumo now looks fairly like I want it to, but the engine etc is standard, the end can a lazer produro so I want to do what little I can to help it breath a bit better by junking the current airbox and fitting a pair of foam/cone/KnN filters etc.

Has anybody done this? What filters/jets basically?

Airbox for sale?

TIA

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Space Emperor
640 Posts
Good question, Futter ... I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, hoping for some useful info before I mess with my own jets.

I have a K&N filter, and an open aftermarket can ... the engine gets hot and pops on deceleration, so I suspect it's lean. Plugs look neither black not white, but I don't know how lean it has to be before they look suspicious.

I have 3 jet sizes, 115, 120 and 125 lying around ... but I don't really feel like stripping down to the carbs more than just once, so need some more info before I do anything :)

Wait a minute ... what do you mean 'a pair of foam/cone/KnN filters'?? You mean a separate filter for each carb???

/T

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I have K&MN cone filters on my crappy zebra (bought for £550, not working, with just over 80,000 mile and clocked 100,000 since). I get a bit of back-firing but I think that's exhaust, get exactly the same fuel consumption anyway but have lot of space for tyre levers and tools.

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have K&MN cone filters on my crappy zebra (bought for £550, not working, with just over 80,000 mile and clocked 100,000 since). I get a bit of back-firing but I think that's exhaust, get exactly the same fuel consumption anyway but have lot of space for tyre levers and tools.
So have you rejetted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts