Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!
Im new here and wanted to know if anybody has experience with fitting ktm 950 SM forks?
They look pretty good and have all the adjustable setting etc.
My questions are:
Can i use the KTM stem conversion from Rugged roads?
Am i able to use my original wheel as ktm wheels are stupid expensive (and its a 17")
Anything else that you guys think when you read this ;)

The SM suspension gives me 200mm of travel and is sprung for the correct weight with dual disc, this is why Im keen to get this particular set up.
Has anybody done this swap before and is willing to help me out here (biggest job ive ever done on my bike) or am i crazy for doing it with this set up? :poop:
Picture for attention ;)
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 12.48.56 (1).jpeg

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think you may find it very hard due to nature of KTM Sm but depends on how you soft or harsh you want your suspension to be. Might be cheaper to renew your old suspension but Im sure you know what you want, Somebody should be along to offer better advice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply man!
Doesnt seem like many people are impressed with this post ;)
We'll see what happens, i got the forks for cheap so in for a penny and all.. :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You could ask on Facebook forums you may get a quicker response I thought somebody on this forum would have said something!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello there, I have the 990R WP front forks on mine, works like a bomb, have longer travel than the SM but I only ride trail!
even have the special top triple clamp on so I could fit the Scots steering damper!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did not do the conversion but don't think its such a difficult effort! The KTM front wheel was kept however!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats lekker man!
Yeah the SM "Only" has 200mm travel instead of the 950 adv 210mm but finding an ADV front end is tough cos everyone wants em!
Ill be using yours as inspiration as im trying to find as many pics fo different builds to source/solve design issues so thanks! :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Telian,
I did the WP conversion on my RD04. I used 990 Adventure forks with 210mm travel, KTM yolks with the Rugged Roads stem, KTM front wheel and brake calipers with AT master cylinder. I sold the bike in standard set-up so most of the front end is still in my garage. Unfortunately I'm in Switzerland but if you can think of a delivery solution then I'll happily sell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts