Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally bought one :thumbup:
This is the bike the Honda AT should have become.
Owned for 4 weeks now and LOVE it.
Just a bit hesitant in mid throttle on occasions ( common problem)

BUT GREAT

And Suzi loves the comfort of the Gel seat :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Very nice, if Honda don't come up with the goods with the new AT, I'm sure my next main bike will be orange!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Very nice, if Honda don't come up with the goods with the new AT, I'm sure my next main bike will be orange!!
I am sure you wouldn't be the only one! Nice bike and plenty of character, did consider it too but found it difficult to leave the comfy Varadero saddle. Magwa how come every bike you own comes with a gorgeous, colour co-ordinated lady????? :D

Nice bike and I like the Discovery in the background too!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Talking of gorgeous, colour co-ordinated ladies does Suzi have a sister!!:D:D

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Bike looks a belter.
I've only tad a short go on one 950 & what a bike, not sure I could live with the maintenance & running costs.

Enjoy :)

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice and shiny Steve

All looks good

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike looks a belter.
I've only tad a short go on one 950 & what a bike, not sure I could live with the maintenance & running costs.

Enjoy :)

Phil

sent from my 'phone
Maintainance and running costs equate to a full service every 10,000 miles and an oil service halfway between both. A DIY service (oil/ filter) cost £36-95 via Busters Motorcycle Equipment.
Mine is just going over 14500miles and on time for a basic oil/ filter service.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talking of gorgeous, colour co-ordinated ladies does Suzi have a sister!!:D:D
As for Running costs of Suzi !
Well she cost me a DIVORCE............ but was well worth it :blob7: and alas no sister :(
;)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
As for Running costs of Suzi !
Well she cost me a DIVORCE............ but was well worth it :blob7: and alas no sister :(
;)

Stop it now your just teasing now, I think you came out of the divorce on top!!:D

Always new KTM's had a sexy rear!!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes and the front ain't bad either.:thumbup:

Suzi is a mother to twins (29yrs) and grandmother to two ! Eldest grandchild is 9 yrs........
D:blob7:idn't I do well :toothy10:

Meanwhile back to the thread.......................

I've been very impressed with the 990 I did test ride a 950 a few years back and although its basically the same bike its amazing how much more go the 990 has.

I never did like the Valdero ( very neutral and bland to ride....I did ride a new one on trial in the police a few years back circa 2009)
As a result went from the Honda AT to a 1150GSA BMW...but now am more than happy to turn ORANGE :blob7:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sure you wouldn't be the only one! Nice bike and plenty of character, did consider it too but found it difficult to leave the comfy Varadero saddle. Magwa how come every bike you own comes with a gorgeous, colour co-ordinated lady????? :D

Nice bike and I like the Discovery in the background too!
Guess I'm Just LUCKY.
As for the 113k mile Landrover Discovery 3 SE Auto model :blob7:
BRILLIANT vehicle
BUT
I do miss my Landrover defender :(

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
magwa,

Fantastic bike you have there mate. I must admit to being drawn to one. Basically for more power, V Twin engine, chain drive and superb suspension. I know a guy who is selling a KTM 950 Adventure on a 04 plate with 30 odd thousand miles for £3,200 ono...

What are they like compaired to the AT in terms of power etc? Is it a totally different animal? What is the reliability like on the bike as I've not seen any big mileage 990's?

Nice rear end too;) :p

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't really comment as I've only had mine 1 month ! But on the KTM Forum ( I'm a member there too) there are lots of High milege reports for the 990 and nothing much to go wrong :blob7:

UK KTM Forum

Compared to Honda AT.......totally different beast ( and far better as expected from a much newer designed bike)

:blob7:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
As a footnote
I haven't really used the KTM a lot so far this year due to family issues :(

BUT

I have had a great year in the classic car ( over 1500miles travelled inc my Daughters Wedding)
&
I just bought another bike to restore ( well really make good and road legal & have a bit of a play) Malcom Rathmell 348 1976 twin shock Trials machine

I may just part company with the 990 Adv as I've only managed 700miles since I bought it in March :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have now listed the KTM up for sale on this website/ KTM forum and the BMW GSER website.
I'm retiring from riding :(

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I sold the ktm, I sold the montessa cota....? Sold all my riding kit and the bought a royal enfield cafe racer :smiling_imp: and a honda vfr 800. Dooh what am I like wife on the enfield and step daughter on the vfr :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
If the VFR is an EFI I've got a plain black Baglux tank cover available

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got a plain black one for sale, I'm looking for a red one ! Cheers

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I decided to just sell the tank cover off ( E bay) Im now putting the Royal Enfield up for sale \ swap ( wife not included):thumbup:

I may post an advert here but more likely to go via e bay

Ive had the Enfield nearly two years and havent even ridden it ( struggling with kick start.....old leg injury from years ago :( )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts