Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So today i installed an aftermarket exhaust onto my duke, and after getting it all setup with some exhaust paste too applied to the inside of the linking pipe and the pipe that connects to the slip on exhaust, i noticed that there is a small blow coming from the clamps, on the linking pipe that connects to the main stock pipe, there is quite a noticeable blow, i took the pipe off and applied more paste thinking it could be i didn't put enough on, and same for the part which connects to the exhaust and it still continues to happen, its rather small on the back on towards where the exhaust is.

Im wondering if this posses a problem, ( maybe the paste had no had enough time to actually expand? ) or should i take it to a garage for them to look at? or anyone with any experiences here?

Was told by the instructions that come with the exhaust to apply home bath/shower silicone, but didn't feel it would support the heats so i paid £4.99 for some exhaust paste

Thanks.

·
Administrator
1,767 Posts
It may be worth checking again that the whole system is fitted without any strain, joints are inserted fully, and clamps are fitted to cover any slits in the pipework.
The manufacturers recommend ordinary silicone sealant because it works! Exhaust paste is fine on car systems, where it can compensate for poorly-fitting joints on cheaply-produced mild-steel systems, but it's messy - and expensive, and usually unnecessary for the better-fitting joints on bike systems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts