Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, that reminds me of the sort of thing you use in a hospital bed when you can't get up to use the toilet!!! Joking aside good peice of kit, I keep thinking about putting a CR250 tank between the rear rails of the AT subframe. Will get around to trying soon:)

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Ha, that reminds me of the sort of thing you use in a hospital bed when you can't get up to use the toilet!!! Joking aside good peice of kit, I keep thinking about putting a CR250 tank between the rear rails of the AT subframe. Will get around to trying soon:)
Now that I'd be very very very interested to see!
I have often thought about aux tank options for my rd07a (a pouratech option), as much as I love the £1000+ versions offered by Ruggedroads, they are way to expensive for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I'd be very very very interested to see!
I have often thought about aux tank options for my rd07a (a pouratech option), as much as I love the £1000+ versions offered by Ruggedroads, they are way to expensive for me.

I think the CR tank would fit quite nicely between the rear rails and could be faired in to look good. As my RD03 is partly in bits I'll have a look and see if it fits.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did it fit? What did it look like?

Not had chance to look yet got far too much going on:(

I will and I'll post up details asap

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okey Jason...
11 months now and no details yet.
Is that ASAP the same as "as slow as possible"? :D
I think you are right Kjell:( stupid thing his the tank is off the CR at the moment so I only need to pick it up and take it around to my dad 's to check. My life needs to slow down, I'll be very glad when the house is finished and I can get back to some sort of normality:thumbleft:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I'll be very glad when the house is finished and I can get back to some sort of normality:thumbleft:
A finished House? Never heard of a house that was finished before! ;)
There are ALWAYS something to fix or change....

I'll never get on top of the work needed on my house...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A finished House? Never heard of a house that was finished before! ;)
There are ALWAYS something to fix or change....

I'll never get on top of the work needed on my house...
Ha, we'll this house will be finished until I get the workshop built and ALL my bikes finished:thumbright: then I may start on no essential house jobs!! Just don't tell my wife that:hitler:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bit of an update....the bike did actually take part in the 2003 Dakar so does have history, the rider fell on the first stage and broke either his shoulder or arm. A deal has been done and it looks like she will be mine very soon.:p the spares package contains all the as new original panels from the XR650 when it was bought new in 2001 then immediately stripped for the Dakar build.

More details and lots of pics when she's home in my garage:p

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bit of an update....the bike did actually take part in the 2003 Dakar so does have history, the rider fell on the first stage and broke either his shoulder or arm. A deal has been done and it looks like she will be mine very soon.:p the spares package contains all the as new original panels from the XR650 when it was bought new in 2001 then immediately stripped for the Dakar build.

More details and lots of pics when she's home in my garage:p
Just realised I've posted this in the wrong thread, doh!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts