Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling Lady Vader, Miss P, Mrs Pigugly, Mrs Yeti, DrLaw, Kymmy, Jenna, Wheals of Steel, Mrs Frad, mrs Airwolf, Mrs DatsunFan, Annette, Sunnybrook, Bluebell, Ducati Girl and anyone else that I’ve forgotten. You don’t need to be a member of the forum, if you’re an XRV ‘other half’ that’s good enough for us! :thumb:
OK girls, we need to get planning if this is to go ahead. I tried to PM the forum ladies, but my laptop threw me out halfway through :cry:, and I can’t bring myself to start from scratch again.
But please come in and say whether you’re interested – even if you’re not interested/available on those dates, it would be useful to know for planning purposes.
So far, we have agreed on date (weekend of 25/26 September) and location, Matlock Bath in Derbyshire.
Interested parties so far include:
Sharriebee, Lulu, Meesh, Mrs Ian Porter (Ruth), Immortal P.
This doesn’t really represent a big number, given the number of females on the forum, so COME ON LADIES, XRV NEEDS YOU! :hitler::hitler::hitler:
Please also say what you would like to get out of the meet, so that we can make the right arrangements, and not waste time organising for things that nobody wants to do. For example:
1. Would you be interested in staying overnight and having a social get together in the evening (if so, would you want to stay 24th or 25th, or both)? And would you prefer camping / youth hostel / B&B? We’ve identified here as a possibility – but I’m waiting to get a rough idea of numbers before checking availability, so please let me know ASAP.
2. Or would you prefer to come just for a daytime meet?
3. Would you be hoping to have a ‘training session’ on the 25th – and if so, beginners, improvers or advanced?
4. Would you be hoping to have a ride out in the Peak District on the 25th and/or 26th – and if so, would you be willing to lead one, or just to join in?
5. Would you prefer to just keep it social – for example, to meet up on the evening of 25th September and tea and grub (maybe at Jellies) during the day – and let the boys out to play on their bikes in the Peaks ;)?
6. Final option If it is going to be too difficult to get a critical mass of ladies together in the Peak District, would you prefer as an alternative to have a girls meet up during the National? We raid a local hostelry one evening (or even breakfast and/or lunchtime), banish the boys, and spend some time getting to know each other and talking ‘girls stuff’ (yes, boys, be afraid, be very afraid). :D:D:D And maybe also if there is any suitable ground, spend some time playing on ‘little’ bikes (i.e. 125cc) for those who aren’t confident to go out on the ‘big’ rides?
These are my thoughts about what we need to fix at this point. Sorry to hassle, but we really do need to know, if we’re not going to miss out on suitable options for accommodation. Please post here or in the calendar (but be sure to avoid posting in the August dates - these are no longer valid but I can't seem to delete them :confused:.

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Me too!
Ladies with peaks?

Wrong website, forget that.....

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Miss pigugly is interested in a girls weekend with a one night stopover on either of the dates mentioned, not too bothered about which accommodation, whichever is the majority vote :thumbup:
She would like to join in on a ride out too.

Phil

ps can I join it. I like girly talk (you won't know I'm there. Honest) :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
It is with regret that I have to inform you of Mrs Frads failure to make this date:(

Although Catherine doesn't ride (yet) she has done her CBT and would have loved to join in.

Shes gutted actually, hates missing out on a pi$$ up :D

Catherine is joining me at The National so you girlies can give us blokes a rest and find a little corner to talk shoes, handbags and what hunks your married too :D:D:D

We went through Matlock Bath today its a realy nice place (Smiths Ice cream is well nice:thumbright:) Im sure you will have a great time xxx

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah well, look forward to meeting Catherine in Rosedale, Frad.

NOW THEN MODS! Whassup with the calendar, eh? First I couldn't get rid of the multiple entries for this 'ere grand event, now they've all gone INCLUDING the new entry for 25/26th September :confused::confused::confused: My head is spinning (and no, that's not the vino collapso :D).

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Miss pigugly is interested in a girls weekend with a one night stopover on either of the dates mentioned, not too bothered about which accommodation, whichever is the majority vote :thumbup:
She would like to join in on a ride out too.

Phil
Great! :thumbup:

ps can I join it. I like girly talk (you won't know I'm there. Honest) :D
You won't be allowed to join in with the girls talk, of course, you know that. But if you promise not to interrupt, and to serve us cocktails and "nibbles" on demand (in your best pinny - see below for appropriate dress code) we might JUST be prepared to tolerate you. :D:D:D.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Ruth's dead keen to come along

1. Would you be interested in staying overnight and having a social get together in the evening (if so, would you want to stay 24th or 25th, or both)? And would you prefer camping / youth hostel / B&B? We’ve identified here as a possibility – but I’m waiting to get a rough idea of numbers before checking availability, so please let me know ASAP.
not sure at the moment but then we're not that far away anyway, although stopping over may be an option

2. Or would you prefer to come just for a daytime meet?
a daytime meet would be fine also, we'll fit it with whatever is arranged

3. Would you be hoping to have a ‘training session’ on the 25th – and if so, beginners, improvers or advanced?
will we have good insurance ;) absolute beginner at the moment but that may change (is Chris going to be there to hold hands)

4. Would you be hoping to have a ride out in the Peak District on the 25th and/or 26th – and if so, would you be willing to lead one, or just to join in?
don't see why not, we'll be the slow ones at the back if I'm allowed to tag along

5. Would you prefer to just keep it social – for example, to meet up on the evening of 25th September and tea and grub (maybe at Jellies) during the day – and let the boys out to play on their bikes in the Peaks ;)?
not worried either way, whatever everyone else wants

6. Final option If it is going to be too difficult to get a critical mass of ladies together in the Peak District, would you prefer as an alternative to have a girls meet up during the National? We raid a local hostelry one evening (or even breakfast and/or lunchtime), banish the boys, and spend some time getting to know each other and talking ‘girls stuff’ (yes, boys, be afraid, be very afraid). :D:D:D And maybe also if there is any suitable ground, spend some time playing on ‘little’ bikes (i.e. 125cc) for those who aren’t confident to go out on the ‘big’ rides?.
unfortunately Ruth can't get the time off for the National, but I'm sure there will be other opportunities to meet up.

I'll need to bring Ruth so I hope you don't mind me tagging along, trust me I'll keep out of any girl talk. :D

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Great! :thumbup:

You won't be allowed to join in with the girls talk, of course, you know that. But if you promise not to interrupt, and to serve us cocktails and "nibbles" on demand (in your best pinny - see below for appropriate dress code) we might JUST be prepared to tolerate you. :D:D:D.
I don't need to join in with girls talk. Just listen :rolleyes:
I can do "nibbles" just tell me when & where :D

Phil

(ok, thats me out....)

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ruth's dead keen to come along,,,

I'll need to bring Ruth so I hope you don't mind me tagging along, trust me I'll keep out of any girl talk. :D
Fantastic. You're in!

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't need to join in with girls talk. Just listen :rolleyes:
I can do "nibbles" just tell me when & where :D

Phil

(ok, thats me out....)
No, you're OK - you're in! Will be fab to see Vanessa there :thumbup:. Now please ask her to answer the questions in my first post - and all the rest of you who've not answered (gold star to the Porters :thumbright:).

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Ok, I would come over. Flight would be from friday to sunday. where on the map was that meeting again??? ;)

So overnight would be preferred. But not necessary I would find myself some entertainment I think.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I would come over. Flight would be from friday to sunday. where on the map was that meeting again??? ;)

So overnight would be preferred. But not necessary I would find myself some entertainment I think.
Fab :thumbup:. Meeting is in Matlock Bath. Exact location TBA - planning to do a recce soon, hopefully next weekend if other commitments allow. Matlock is here.

Nearest airport is probably East Midlands, but Birmingham or Manchester are also quite close, if you don't want to go via London.

PM me if you need any local information.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
... absolute beginner at the moment but that may change (is Chris going to be there to hold hands)
Chris is happy to join us and run some beginners' training - but it will depend on us finding somewhere suitable (and legal) off road to play.

Will do some phoning around and a recce soon, once we have a feel for what everyone wants out of the meet. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
London is the only connection for me.... so then we are back to the no bike thingie.... :D but I remember a name..... :blob:

Really looking forward to this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts