Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Johnny no mates today:(, one on holls and one with a dodgy bike so I set off alone heading south on the A7 keeping an eye on the dark clouds in the sky.
When I got to Carlisle I decided to go down the A6 to Penrith and after scrambled eggs on toast in the Rooster cafe I headed for the lakes.
Popped along by Ulswater and over Kirkstone Pass to Ambleside.

Down along the Borrowdale valley.

Stopped in at Honister slate mine for a coffee.

Must have been an incident up in the mountains above the mine as in the time I was there 2 Mountain Rescue vehicles came in with the blue lights on and sirens wailing and went up the track over top.

Looking at the pic it does not look too bad, but anyone who knows the area will tell you it is bl**dy steep up there!
After going along the pass and by Buttermere to almost Lorton I turned back on myself and went over Whinlatter pass to Keswick.

From there across to the A595 back up to Carlisle and headed north to Gods own country:D. 240 great miles and home for tea. Lovely!:thumbright:

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Nice report and photos Andy.

You should have yelled. Without any excuse to go out for a run on the bike I ended up having to go out with the missus today in the car.

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Only an hour from the lakes Andy :thumbright:

Give me a shout :D

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Nice pics Andy,

Brings back memories of the Piel run :thumbup::thumbup:

I WANNA GO BACK :D:D

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Without any excuse to go out for a run on the bike I ended up having to go out with the missus today in the car.
You need an excuse? ;)
Never thought to call as I reckoned you would be going out somewhere on the bike with some of your mates.

Andy.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
As a kid I holiday'd in the lakes every year (great aunt had a B&B in ambleside) & the only free passtime was walking so I did, loads. I hadn't realised how much I missed it untill you lot started doing ride reports from there. If there's one place in the uk I would want to go back & visit it's there.

Keep the pics coming 'till then boys & girls :thumbright:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
:D nice

Piel was the first back in the lakes for many years.. was always there as a kid and walking as a yoof and then on the BSAs almost every weekend..

so much to see on the big Island :)..

only ever had two punctures in the lakes :angel5: both on the Piel run.. may be jinksed :(:hitler:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts