Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on this forum ever done this before?

and what would it be like to do on my honda cbr400 or the honda varadero 125 which will take longer due to the speed.

basically want i would like to know is, how many days and miles of riding a day did you achieve

and would anybody else be doing this, and want to arrange a meet up and go as a group ?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Hi
Just have a look at our TLD 1 run:D:D:D
took me 14 hours 2 up,but that was not on a baby Vara:D

just have a look in our charity run section;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: lands end to john o groats 6 point run instead?

hi if your thinking of doing a end to end why not do the six point run instead, its not that much more milage compared to just an end to end .The most eastely is the point of ness in lowerstoft, next the most northely is dunnet head not far from john o groats which is one of the furthest points,the most westely point is ardnamurchan point which is west of fort william then down to the lizard the most southely point which is not far from lands end the other furthest point did this in 1991 on a yamaha sr500 great go for it stevehttp://www.outdoorcapital.co.uk/info-map-ardnamurchan.asp

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
has anyone on this forum ever done this before?

and what would it be like to do on my honda cbr400 or the honda varadero 125 which will take longer due to the speed.

basically want i would like to know is, how many days and miles of riding a day did you achieve

and would anybody else be doing this, and want to arrange a meet up and go as a group ?
Friends of mine did this summer/spring for cancer research they used C90's. If you google "The Slow Way Down" you'll find the story.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
I like the idea of a six point run, but my butt would like to do far less than the 800+ miles in a day.:)
A bloke on some Touring Beemer did a round the UK number this summer, and he was saying (local rag) that it was about 5- 5.5K and those kinda miles I'd want to be up in the Arctic Circle or down on the edge of the Sahara (two of my bike dreams)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont think my buttock will be in existance after this ! the cbr400 is rather uncomfy, be more comfy sitting on a spear.

id rather like to do this on my honda varadero 125, but it would take forever, and if i was going to go in a group with the xrv lot i would get left behind

is a group best, and the use of a sat nav, or good old map reading skills?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i dont think my buttock will be in existance after this ! the cbr400 is rather uncomfy, be more comfy sitting on a spear.

id rather like to do this on my honda varadero 125, but it would take forever, and if i was going to go in a group with the xrv lot i would get left behind

is a group best, and the use of a sat nav, or good old map reading skills?
why not consider the longest day 2010
different route but still a challange and there are a few wanting to do it on 125's

·
???
495 Posts
If the little Vara is comfy then just do it bud, just hitch up and follow the road signs and an AA road atlas. You'll get there. :)

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Motorways are very overated, I think some of with a few years experience had some of our best and most formative 2 wheeled adventures on 125's (and 100's) enjoy the process of route planning and maybe even look to do something like TLD over a couple of days(each way). The Vara 125 is by all accounts a peach:thumbup:so you gaurenteed a blast (esp if you take a good bike buddy)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts