Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick couple of observations about this exhaust. When I bought the bike a couple of months ago, it had the standard can fitted, but came with a Produro can. Due to circumstances far too dull to go into here, I haven't had chance to fit the Laser until this weekend, and what a difference! I've fitted aftermarket exhausts to just about every bike I've ever had*, but none with such a marked improvement.

Firstly, the original can is so heavy light has trouble escaping from it, whereas the Laser can be lifted without industrial equipment, and secondly the bike is transformed - it pulls cleaner, is more tractable, and generally feels like it's got another 10hp everywhere.

Now, either Laser got it completely right with this can, or the previous owner had the bike jetted for the Laser and then put the original back on before selling it. I'm guessing the latter, but has anyone else noticed an improvement after fitting a Produro?

Mark

* Apart from an Armstrong MT500 (only because nobody made one), and starting with a Piper 2-1 which I bolted onto my XS250, despite the fact that it had all the styling of a drainpipe, made a parping noise like a goose being beaten to death with a tuba, and introduced a cavernous flat spot into an already nonexistent midrange. But hey, it spat flames on the overrun, offended just about everyone, and I was 18...

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
aaaargh....please don't talk about XS250s or I may have to go back in for therapy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XS250

This may help, or alternately it may just drive you over the edge, but... it was the XS250SE Custom. And I put 14" apehangers on it. And a sissy bar. And 6" over forks...

As I said, I was 18*...

M

* And clearly mental, now I come to think about it...

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Re: XS250

Muzz said:
This may help, or alternately it may just drive you over the edge, but... it was the XS250SE Custom. And I put 14" apehangers on it. And a sissy bar. And 6" over forks...

As I said, I was 18*...

M

* And clearly mental, now I come to think about it...
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i dont even think that age is an excuse for that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Back on topic ..sorry guys..
I fitted a lazer pro to my 600VR alp.. much improved.. no change to jetting ( bike is running rich any way .. so will need to check the chokes etc. but that will be when the cast comes off..... ) anyway .. back to the topic... as well as losing a couple of stone by replaceing the cast iron original with the svelte stainless steel pro.. the annoying flat spot at 4-5k disappeared too.... would recommend the mod to any alp.. and the kit is well made too

ray

·
17,680 Posts
tis true lazer make good gear and it tends to be well set up . however keep them clean because the are prone to serious discolouration :? :?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Is this Laser a (very) loud version?

I changed the original exhaust with a BSM Future (street legal) and have cleary lost considerable torque around 4k. It is still pulling well up to over 110 mph just like before, it is light (for what it's worth :roll: ) and it looks pretty but I am still not overly happy with it :?
I wouldn't want a very loud can though either, therefore my question :wink:

·
17,680 Posts
samwise said:
Chad said:
tis true lazer make good gear and it tends to be well set up . however keep them clean because the are prone to serious discolouration :? :?
This is a bad thing? :lol:
yes when it looks rusty :shock:

·
17,680 Posts
robelst said:
Is this Laser a (very) loud version?

I changed the original exhaust with a BSM Future (street legal) and have cleary lost considerable torque around 4k. It is still pulling well up to over 110 mph just like before, it is light (for what it's worth :roll: ) and it looks pretty but I am still not overly happy with it :?
I wouldn't want a very loud can though either, therefore my question :wink:
just ask maveric he thinks the one i gave him is very loud he couldnt get enough of it flying up and down the box for that loverly produro burble :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just had a look at the Laser-exhausts site and I understand there's a "Sport" and "Street Legal" version. I guess we are talking "Sport" here?

I don't mind a bit of music, but I ride a lot (also abroad, including "Laut-its-out" Germany) and I don't want to constantly worry about uniformed chappies stopping me all the time :? Is the Sport the kind of pipe that is prone to do that or is it still ok-ish?

·
17,680 Posts
i never got stopped with the sport and niether has mav but it still sounds fantastic go for it :thumbright:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Chad said:
samwise said:
Chad said:
??? mine is Stainless??? so no rust :twisted:

they do discolour but I an not a member of the nice and sparkly club ( well not the alp anyway )

raymo

·
17,680 Posts
raymo said:
Chad said:
samwise said:
Chad said:
??? mine is Stainless??? so no rust :twisted:

they do discolour but I an not a member of the nice and sparkly club ( well not the alp anyway )

raymo
i wish i had a pic to show you :? even stainless steel can get grotty but the produro is a cool system 8) 8)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
yup they are the bollocks.. mines street legal bet the 'sport' one sounds........

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts

They do turn yellow in a hurry, yes.

Given the look of the rest of the bike, it really doesn't bother me though. ;-)

The streetlegal is by no means a sissy by the way, it has a nice full bassy sound but doesn't carry as far as the sport pipe, which when revved properly really does go a long way... Verrry nice :shock: 8) but not if you live in a real quiet like neighbourhood. ;-)

http://rubberchicken.nl/ta-produro.mp3

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
prone to serious discolouration
Can't see what colour mine is for mud.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Muzz said:
made a parping noise like a goose being beaten to death with a tuba
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's made my day, best description ever I can almost hear it.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
yup they do taint

but a wee but a brasso anf they shine like a tuba :twisted: :twisted: the

street legal one sounds nice

1 - 20 of 25 Posts