Honda XRV Forum banner
892 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Firedero 
#1 ·
Help please!

Bike immaculate,, tank gets damaged but worked fine, full fill ups etc.

Tank gets repaired, cracking job. Bike given back with fuel light on???? Got home, decided to go to garage to fill up--- bike cuts out. Put 3 gallons in, still would not start--no smell of petrol. Dropped liquid from fuel pump until it was clear fuel,-- tightened up. Bike started first prod. Started every day as I was cleaning etc, no leaks, all seemed good..

The trouble starts

Went to garage to fill her up---appeared to be taking a long time---looked down and fuel pouring from a pipe at the sump.Fuel not reaching overflow at filler cap. As the tank was open ==no breather problems. The leak is from one of the larger diameter pipes.

Any thoughts? I was thinking "what is the internal layout of the tank? you can feel some pipes to the left of the filler cap, is one of these open at high level before overflow level. There was a dent in the vicinity, but I would think this would be filled. What is the position of the breather in the tank. .if this is a pipe open at high level has this been split lower down or disturbed. Anyone got a diagram of the tank internal---or another cause? Thanks,

Bill

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, nothing worse than being stuck with an issue & witnessing view numbers increasing with no help being offered :rolleyes:.

So, the best help I can offer is that you'll have to do it yourself. Start by removing the fairing, seat, lower seat fairing plastics & tank. If unsure of what bolts go where, I make a diagram of the panel I'm removing from cardboard & pierce/push the removed bolt through it so no bolt mixups happen :thumbright:

Whilst removing the tank check & photo everything you remove, then use a Haynes manual or similar to check & make sure the vent pipes are in the correct places.

My advice is not much help tbh, but when reading your post it sounds like there's been a mixup reconnecting the tank pipes.

I don't own a fuel injection model so cannot advise on pipwork placement, but I'd like to think someone would post a picture or diagram to help you.

My last tip is to tackle it yourself, don't give it to someone else. You'll never find out or learn anything that way. I bet when you do get to the bottom of the issue, you'll be suprised at what you've paid people to do to your pride & joy :eek:

Good luck & keep us updated. Oh & btw, never overtighten fairing or frame fastenings :thumbleft:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.