Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quick blast out on the strom this morning but something didnt feel right, and it wasnt the front caliper sticking either as i knew about that. Decided to cut the ride short and go home and have a look and good job. Oil was leakinh from somewhere!

Got the bike round the back and removed the guard from the bottom but none was coming out with the engine off. Turned the engine on and sure enough a drip re-appeard. It's not coming from the oil filter and i cant see any cracks anywhere but it appears to be dripping from a nut/bolt at the bottom but i think thats just because that is the lowest point.

Tried to take a photo but my phone just died, im having a bad day, lol.

Any ideas what this could be as it only leaks when the engine is running, i'll be taking it in to a local garage for repair anyway but im just curious.

Thanks,

Craig.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Could it be the drain bolt washer has failed?

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
That was the first thing i checked but it's not coming from there, it's coming from the front where the radiator thingy is (see how technical i am lol).

I'll have to take a photo when me phones charged.
Has it got an oil cooler? If one of the joints to that is leaking it could run down and drip off the lowest point.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Sounds like one of the pipes to the oil cooler (that's the lower of the two radiator like things and the thing with the rusty banjos if its anything like my SV). Give things a really good scrub and see if you can see where its coming from. The same basic engine is used in the SV1000 and the TL1000 so it's a pretty well sorted lump.

My money is on a pipe or if you have been really unlucky and a stone has got it the oil cooler itself.

If you have done an oil change recently don't discount the possibility of it being the oil filter though. I seem to remember Suzuki have things much tighter than most (a turn and a half after finger tight or summat). I remember doing the first change on my SV and tightening the filter up to what I would deem normal and it leaking. It was only when I dug the book out I realised how tight it was meant to be. I believe this was due to one vibrating off and causing an accident.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Palerider to the rescue...

It appears it was a washer on a bolt at the bottom of the oil cooler, palerider took a look today and we went and got a couple of new washers from the shop and it's fixed the leak :)

He also fixed my front brakes that were sticking, bikes running nice again and we went for a short 40 mile bimble through some nadgery moor roads to see if all was well and it was.

Cheers Derek your a star m8 :thumbup:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
craig it sounds like its a write off - I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for £300.

let me know when you can deliver......

Cheers Sean

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Phew. Glad it all turned out OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts