Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from Denmark,
I just got back from a ride out with my son.
Its the first time we have had a sunny day in a while, so we went for an excellent ride out and had a great 50 mile ride....:):):)
His little XS 400 sounded awesome with his Dunstall replicas on but not as good as my CX 500...;););)
The bike jacket he was wearing was a Heine Gerricke off road jacket and it didnt look right on his XS, it was one we got when his DT125 was ready for riding.
Do any of you guys have a leather jacket for sale that would look good on a 19 yr old teenage Danish/Scouse lad that has an image to maintain and wants to look cool in front of the Danish totty he is hanging round with.
He is a medium/ large and if any of you guys have an old leather jacket that time prevents you from wearing these days that you had back in the day, I would like to buy it if jnr likes it.
If it has badges, patches, oil stains or even scars from the last time you fell off your bike then I will pay the right price for the right jacket.
I would rather not have blood stains or bullet holes or gang related patches,(unless they were nice gangs),
Have a look around in the shed/attic as you might have something that Jnr would like....
The only condition is that it has to look good on the Triumph TR6 we are building for him and on him of course.:cool::cool::cool:

I can send you cash by paypal and I will pay for shipping by courier or whatever...:thumbup:
Post a photo or two if you have something for sale, PM me or post on this thread.
PS.
I think I can safely say that tassles hanging from the arms would not be jnrs thing.:toothy3:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I've got a leather jacket and trousers that I need to sell. I bought them off a friend who was giving up bikes (he got a new 'bikes are dangerous' girlfriend) but they are too big for me. I'm 5'9" and I'd guess that they would suit someone 6 foot ish. They are Frank Thomas, zip-together, all the usual armour, all zips good, not used that much I think. Been stored in my cupboard for a couple of years. There are a couple of scuff marks on the trousers, doesn't look like they've been down the road (fell over pissed, more likely) and the elastic waist is stretched a bit (salad dodger). I'm away from home at the mo and won't be able to post photos before the end of next week, but if you're interested, I'll dig them out as soon as I get back.

No tassles, I promise.;)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've got a leather jacket and trousers that I need to sell. I bought them off a friend who was giving up bikes (he got a new 'bikes are dangerous' girlfriend) but they are too big for me. I'm 5'9" and I'd guess that they would suit someone 6 foot ish. They are Frank Thomas, zip-together, all the usual armour, all zips good, not used that much I think. Been stored in my cupboard for a couple of years. There are a couple of scuff marks on the trousers, doesn't look like they've been down the road (fell over pissed, more likely) and the elastic waist is stretched a bit (salad dodger). I'm away from home at the mo and won't be able to post photos before the end of next week, but if you're interested, I'll dig them out as soon as I get back.

No tassles, I promise.;)
Sounds good to me but I cant say for certain until you can give me info on the chest and waist sizes,the arm and leg length.
My lad is about 5 foot 10 and a 32 inch waist I think but the most important thing of all is that they make him look cool on this thing when its finally done ...you know what teenagers are like...:cool::cool::cool:

20187519_1875960302419978_247693100_n.jpg
If he likes em we can talk about the price including postage.....
Keep the offers coming chaps just in case these ones dont fit...:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for that Wicky but I would rather not have my son become one of those jolly scruffy long haired cannabis smoking LSD taking teenage ruffians....:D:D:D
He might start half inching my favourite garden herbs.....:cool::cool::cool:

Any more jackets or videos out there?.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have had one but they are about as waterproof as they are good looking...:D:D:D
Awesome bike old Richard is riding, we lifted the engine out of ours about 10 minutes ago and now need to make the engine stand.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I think a plain black Cordura / textile jacket gortex even better . regular 5 pocket western leather jeans for warmth and protection and with intelligent underlayer are actualy cooler in very hot weather than denim jeans on a red hot saddle like a welding glove for yer ass or just denim jeans for chilling out around town in suitable weather army surplus para boots comfortable water proof affordable a black full face race helmet decent gloves and a Weise 2 piece over suit and a shoulder messenger style bag even a cordura laptop case with shoulder strap would do grand to carry wet gear a micro fleece jumper bottle of tap water and visor cleaning tissue paper a spare helmet can be hung off it too and the over jacket can be borrowed by willing females or a pedestrian friend in need of a lift home . this set up will work on everything with 2 wheels and an engine and will be excepted by the masses . start going too far off centre the thick's will take exception to it . if a leather jacket is required then a modern style one looks best the old lewis/vanson/brando style jackets and piss pot lids with checker flag stripes or numbers on the side are a bit naff at this stage . you wont look out of place riding any bike in the rig out I suggested :thumbright:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
nice looking chick a millionaire footballer who just uses a bike as fashion item . and a link to a farmers waxed jacket more suitable for land rover and david brown tractor driving :D only paying for the name . a new belstaff tour master waxed jacket is £600 you would have to be some ape to give that . a seconhand as new textile jacket can be won on e bay and shoved through your letter box and all for £40 all in easy .

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Retro showerproof waxed 'Dot' Cotton jacket for the Beckham look

Black Wax Cotton Jacket - Size L Sterling Leathers Barbour | eBay

I have still got my original Belstaff Trilmaster waxed cotton from when I was a quite bit younger but the zip pooped due to my fondness for the golden gargle and needs to be replaced..I got a barbour too that I have had for about 25 yrs but they look naff on a bike..I do not want to look like that terwat Beckham as he looks like a total bellendstaff...:D:D:D..

My engine is on its home made stand and is begging me to get the tools out but Amazon is still faffing around with my allen key set..:(:(:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts