Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
yeah, ive never got that, sites that helpfully choose the "most suitable" for you like youre a cretin and cant decide for yourself.
unless your the seller, how is £52 more suitable than £30?

·
Registered
255 Posts
sorry for stupid question, but what is special about Leatherman compared to other brands?

i want to buy one of those multi-tools, but am really confused with wide price range.

·
Midlife pah done that
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am afraid I have no idea, it was just that it is a very good price. The RRP is £71 but they normally seem to sell for around £55.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
more expensive brands like leatherman, victorinox, gerber, spyderco etc use top quality steel and the heat treated tools are well designed, take an edge and stay sharp. and most importantly, work.
cheaper brands usually just use cheap stainless steel that bends like cheese. try opening a food can with a £5 multitool.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have a Draper multitool that works well, it has quite a range of gadgets on it and it gets dogs abuse. Still going strong after eight years or so. It was a special offer at the time and has proved to be good value for money.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I am afraid I have no idea, it was just that it is a very good price. The RRP is £71 but they normally seem to sell for around £55.
Quoted delivery on the Amazon link is 1 to 4 weeks - but cheap if you don't mind the wait.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Always worth getting a good one. I have a SOG black finish - it's also American and really strong with a special geared pliers.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
yes, you get what you pay for, ive got a leatherman wave mk1 that is lasting very well. i like the new designs that are coming out with replaceable TCT cutters and gerbers jigsaw blade holder instead of a built in saw, good idea but may leave you with a short saw? then again if i used it often i would get a proper saw

·
Registered
255 Posts
thanx for the link.

bought that super saver version for £29.99 and it arrived in a week!!! :blob2:

but it looks like the link generated enough interest, that amazon increased the price :D

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Mine arrived this morning. Just intime to send off to Santa.

Thanks for the link- spent the rest of the money saved on beer for Xmas

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
leatherman are guaranteed for life.

I have a wave mk1 that i've had for about 10 years, I use it everyday one way or another at work (or not). A couple of years ago I managed to break the tip off one of the pliers tips (trying to do stooooopid things with it!) I contacted leatherman via their site & they gave me an addresse here in france to send it to (tool orignally bought for me in the states). I sent it away & 10 days later I got it back repaired (pliers head replaced) & they'd also cleaned it & sharpened the blades... top service :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts