Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Halfords are selling led bulbs, they have the normal bayanet fitting but instead of a glass bubble they have lots of LED's.
Only seen tail/stop light so far, but if you would like an alternative to the replace the rearlight unit versions then this may be the way.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Hmm, might have to have a look tomorrow. They should certainly be more robust for sticking under the seat as a spare.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I saw Halfords are selling led bulbs, they have the normal bayanet fitting but instead of a glass bubble they have lots of LED's.
Only seen tail/stop light so far, but if you would like an alternative to the replace the rearlight unit versions then this may be the way.
But just remember that 650 Alps have wedge bulbs in the indicators & tail light........:rolleyes:

Phil

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I tried some LED bulbs in mine ages ago, they are CRAP. Diorectional red bulb through red lens = very poor light and even less sidways spread. So much so I felt vulnerable and replaced with a proper bulb. I have 2 in the garage if someone wants them - FOC, except a contribution to the site.So unless they are white and have sideways facing LEDS as well as rearward facing one's, don't bother. oh, and as Pigugly says, wedge fitting for a 650 TA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts