Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after quite a few comments at the National about how bad the rear light is on the 'Transrat', :sign6: I've been fiddling again.....

A quick measure up & the rear LED light fitted to V's Hornet looked like it could do the job.
Here's the half *rsed cobbled together result. :angel4:

And braking!

Next job(s) - making a new rear subframe from alloy plate to replace the heavy steel item, modding some crashbars to protect the rads & sourcing some cowls to cover the rads & mate up with the tank.
Then untangle, chop & modify the mess of a wiring loom
Oh and a proper sump guard.......

Phil

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Looks good Phil :thumbleft:i've been thinking of the same for the Vara...;and you may have just convinced me:thumbright:
Phil

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Nice job that ,it's certain to catch ya eye on a dark night and the stop light is brilliant .

BUT that was a crap job of hiding your number plate:D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers all but no, I havn't been robbing bits from V's bike - I just sourced one from every bodys fave internet auction site :thumbup:

Phil

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Phil

This may be a bit off topic...but the 'teaser pics' of the tail end of your Transrat make we want to see more. Any chance you'd post some pics of the whole package?

Joe

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Phil

This may be a bit off topic...but the 'teaser pics' of the tail end of your Transrat make we want to see more. Any chance you'd post some pics of the whole package?

Joe
Bought a couple of years ago & is a 'work in progress' (without the progress :confused:)

At this years National.....

In Derbyshire last year - with the 'practical' rear end!

Bit of off roading recently in Wales,

A shot of the Motad Venon (shortened by about 3") & with the 'practical' tail piece'

The Hornet LED light is a recent addition due to complaints about the crap enduro one previously fitted!

Phil

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Is there any way to "up" the front mud guard on my alp?
and i got a old remus flopping about:D got to have a word with the chadman to fix it to my bike when i got her.

Oh and yes i would like mine to look like the "ratalp":thumbup::D:D

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there any way to "up" the front mud guard on my alp?
and i got a old remus flopping about:D got to have a word with the chadman to fix it to my bike when i got her.

Oh and yes i would like mine to look like the "ratalp":thumbup::D:D
Pete, the Front mudguard should bolt straight onto the bottom yolk, may need a bit of packing/bracing - they do drag the bike in side winds though.

that'll be me then :rolleyes: 'bout bloody time;)
You & many others Russ :angel9:

Phil

·
Registered
251 Posts
Phil

Thanks for the pics - that's a very distinctive look.

Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts