Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Been a while since I posted a thread, but before I took the plunge and had a crack myself, I thought I would seek some advice regarding wiring some LED wing mirrors into the existing front indicators. So, I don't need a resistor (that much I do know) but I don't really have any experience about tapping into the indicator wiring.

Is it as simple as connecting + and -, or is there more to do?

Please forgive my lack of electrical knowledge.

Any help gratefully appreciated...please spare the pi*s taking :hitler:

·
Registered
406 Posts
It really is that simple - two wires to each existing indicator, two wires to the LED in the mirror. Connect one new wire to each existing one (shouldn't matter which way around) and you're done. LEDs add very little load so this shouldn't significantly affect the flash speed.

Just to state the obvious, make sure you route the wiring to the mirrors so that it doesn't chafe as the steering turns or become tight on full lock.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Led lights are polarity conscious so if they don't work at first swap the two wires over. Usually they come red and black, red being + :thumbup:

·
Registered
472 Posts
When adding anything wiring wise make sure the wire rating you use exceeds the fuse value for the circuit other wise an xs of current will heat the wire rather than pop the fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts