Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question i have fitted my LED indicators ,i have gone through the hazzard warning light syndrome ,bought a LED compatable flaher relay ,to find the indicators only work when i remove the dash light (indicator),so i bought a small t5 LED bulb for the dash display now the dash illuminates but only for the right side if i rotate the bulb it then all works on the adjacent side but not both ?what next ,do i need some sort of resistor for this dash light?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just a quick question i have fitted my LED indicators ,i have gone through the hazzard warning light syndrome ,bought a LED compatable flaher relay ,to find the indicators only work when i remove the dash light (indicator),so i bought a small t5 LED bulb for the dash display now the dash illuminates but only for the right side if i rotate the bulb it then all works on the adjacent side but not both ?what next ,do i need some sort of resistor for this dash light?
Looks like all you've done is fine - except for fact that the standard indicator warning lamp is wired across (between) the two indicator sides. It gets it's ground connection from the two opposite side indicator lamps - they are high wattage so low electrical resistance. They won't illuminate as the indicator lamp is low wattage (3W) so won't allow enough current for them to illuminate. The only answer is to fit dual indicator lamps unless there is a flasher unit available that has a separate single indicator lamp output.

I don't suppose this is what you want to hear but it's the reason I haven't gone the LED indicator route. I've changed all my other lamps to LED.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply i am also going onto change the headlights and disply lights to LED and if i only turn right everything is working great i may well just leave it ,it is all working apart from the l/h display .I have an auto electrician friend who may be pop over so that will be my last chance .!I am at best a novice with electricals with only a basic understanding of what is what ..thanks again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all just to conclude the LED indicator saga ,They are all flashing as they should all problems been resolved .
Actually i had some luck as an auto electrician (friend of sorts ) came to check out my problem within a few mins he concluded he knew about this problem and would be back the next day .I was eager to see the problem resolved so was happy to hear a solution was on its way.
As he said the next day he arrived with an electrical (kit) solution in the shape of a one way diode all neatly wired and very compactly organised he then proceeded to solder this into the display bulb wiring all of 5 mins again very neatly done ,after a quick check the indicators were working perfectly better and brighter than befor ..I remarked some others in my situation could use such a kit, he said he would be happy to make more and sell ,i gave him a tenner (he was pretty happy with that ! so add postage and he will make more (nothing to do with me )i will add some pics later ,but i am happy thats over so onto the next thing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh man the pics are going crazy i will try again when i can but if you are interested just confirm you have seen the pics or you want more pics if your happy i will make the arrangements get them set out i will need address name etc not quite sure if i am allowed to post emails?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
though it shows block connectors i chose to solder but i will ensure the kit is as seen unless you state otherwise .I am going to sort out a direct line of contact with the auto electrician ( DEREK ).. so it can make it all easier .. xrv led 3.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i can but unless your fluent in polish it wont help ,he is a little bit of a recluse i asked him about making more of these led conversion kits he seemed less than interested so i am not sure how much help he would provide but i will ask all the same .

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont want to put my foot in it as i am not the electrician responsible for my fix but the only diode we fitted was at the dash light i think ...so that 2nd diagram i think is the way we did it ......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts