Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone bought and fitted the new Leo Vince full system exhuast + end can for the XL700 Transalp, I was wondering if it is any good & worth buying? how easy was it to fit? & are the power gains worth the £340 price tag for the full system.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
If it looses the Cat then the weight saving alone will make a huge difference.

D

·
0 Posts
Crooky, your not going to go far wrong with Leo Vince made stuff. Where did you see the XL700 system advertised? I for one will be snatching their hand off if I could find that for that price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw it advertised on the MCN website saying it came out Nov 09, £250 for the end can, £190 for the pipes, so my mistake it's £440 total. I have tryed to buy online but can't find a suplier, there's a phone No for Leo Vince importers - 0845 094 1934.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody fitted this system - I am thinking about buying but would value your opinions and experiences first. Does any body know if the end can is OK with Honda racks and cases.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I havent got this system but I bought an Arrow can and it didnt allow the Givi racks to fit so had to adjust the racks. Manu said the sizes are as OEM as it fitted straight into OEM fixings etc but it didnt.

I didnt replace the Cat in the end, preferring to keep it on for a few pounds saving....I dont use it off road enough to warrant it.

Honda Trail Bike Forums - Farky's Album: Various - Picture

Honda Trail Bike Forums - Farky's Album: Various - Picture

(images not linking and appearing so links only)

Nice black can which replaces the oen one well and suits the bike. You can see on the first image, where the dealer cut the Givi racks and inserted a bit to allow the clearance..for free too! (CJ Balls Norwich.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Leo Vince can (came with the bike) and have removed the Cat.
It saves about 11 kg in total 8 for the Cat and 3 for the end can most of the weight saved is very low down so you cannot feel the difference too much, the best part is the way the bike sounds and how smooth it is now the end can has a removable baffle but it is to noisey for me with it removed.
My bike does not have panniers but the exhaust fits very tight against the bike and is smaller the the original so I would think panniers would be OK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Farky

Thanks - thats helpful - the distributor says it "should" fit with OEM racks but sounds like your experience - Arrow can looks good

·
Registered
22 Posts
try Euro or GPr

Spent some time down this avenue and it seems that even with the post/ex rates if you can wait get it from Europe, cheaper, bought a GPr exhaust in the end for my 650 BM Xc from motolegends, crackin pipe, three stage baffle, stainless with no cat and easy fit, good note from the pipe aswell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts