Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just skimmed thru LV's official web site plugged in 98 RD 07 A and I got a SBK OVAL EVO II ALUM. slip on pipe.

However I also observe some other pipes of Leo Vince. My attempts to attach a jpg document was a dismal failure thanks to my techno savvy constitution.

I have seen more of the other leo vince tubes that are not particularly recommended by the web site and maybe one which is. Any feedback amongst the LV users what to use and what not to? y starting point was originally excessive fuel consumption. I am yet to run down the check list already recommended by some of you but exhaust is certainly one of the potantial culprits.

PS: I just noticed that no attachment is actually a forum rule. So pls find below the 3 links. The first one on the LV web is recommended and the second on advriders.com is a picture of one where the recom exhaust is actually used. The third is from atic...and it is a different model of LV.

http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/search.php?Model=XRV%20750%20Africa%20Twin&Make=HONDA&Year=1998

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50630&page=355

http://www.atic.org/accessory/exhaust.php

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
It's a good exhaust. It fits well and is very neat; lots of others seem to have a very long link pipe and stick out a long way backwards.

This is definitely the right type:
https://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/productdetail.php?quantity=1&RecordNum=1852&Subline=Oval&Make=HONDA&Model=XRV%20750%20Africa%20Twin&CC=750&Year=1998&Image=honda_xrv_7255.jpg&Type=Slip-On&SoundRating=&Description=SBK%20OVAL%20EVOII%20ALUMINUM&PartNum=7255&RetailPrice=399&Notes1=Includes%20Optional%20Quiet%20Insert&shipping=6

They come up on ebay quite often.

You actually get 2 of the "straps" for mounting it, and the instructions suggest you use both with the bracket the bolts on behind the pillion foot peg. But you can use one there, and use the other at the bracket that the original can uses (near the rear indicator). All you need is a long bolt and a spacer.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
They do enhance the look.:thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Leo Vince looks really good... :thumbup:

Does anyone who has fitted this comment on the effect this has on the fuel consumption of the AT? Like what is the mileage u get before and after installation?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just skimmed thru LV's official web site plugged in 98 RD 07 A and I got a SBK OVAL EVO II ALUM. slip on pipe.

However I also observe some other pipes of Leo Vince. My attempts to attach a jpg document was a dismal failure thanks to my techno savvy constitution.

I have seen more of the other leo vince tubes that are not particularly recommended by the web site and maybe one which is. Any feedback amongst the LV users what to use and what not to? y starting point was originally excessive fuel consumption. I am yet to run down the check list already recommended by some of you but exhaust is certainly one of the potantial culprits.

PS: I just noticed that no attachment is actually a forum rule. So pls find below the 3 links. The first one on the LV web is recommended and the second on advriders.com is a picture of one where the recom exhaust is actually used. The third is from atic...and it is a different model of LV.

HONDA XRV 750 Africa Twin Exhaust

The Africa Twin thread - Page 355 - ADVrider

ATiC - Honda Africa Twin Homepage
I fitted the pipe you mentioned and the fuel consumsumtion has gone down but I'm not sure exactly by how much (only two tanks of fuel since I fitted it). BUT the power/torque spread is greatly improved I took out the removable baffle and it sounds great, but not too loud so I dont think it would attract the police. Watch you dont burn your leg on the link pipe as its now exposed (I did) There is another one recommended which utilises the original Honda heat shield, I'll dig out the details and post them. I would definately recommend changing the original pipe it makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts

HONDA XRV 750 Africa Twin Exhaust

The Africa Twin thread - Page 355 - ADVrider

ATiC - Honda Africa Twin Homepage
Here is a bit more info for the Lazer Produro which was my second choice

Right now the LeoVince is more popular for the Africa Twin riders as the exhaust note is louder & deeper tone. The ProDuro™s advantage is the size & dimension, which is small & compact. It also allows the original heat shield to be fitted. The ProDuro apparently also allow a full sized pannier on the right hand side. The original exhaust meant you had to have differnt sized panniers to allow for the silencer. I did quite a bit of research and the LV SB oval and the Laser Produro appear to be the favourites.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here is a bit more info for the Lazer Produro which was my second choice

Right now the LeoVince is more popular for the Africa Twin riders as the exhaust note is louder & deeper tone. The ProDuro™s advantage is the size & dimension, which is small & compact. It also allows the original heat shield to be fitted. The ProDuro apparently also allow a full sized pannier on the right hand side. The original exhaust meant you had to have differnt sized panniers to allow for the silencer. I did quite a bit of research and the LV SB oval and the Laser Produro appear to be the favourites.

Brian have you got enough info to be more specific concerning fuel cons? I am a bit cost-averse although I have not checked the local lazer prices either..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Brian have you got enough info to be more specific concerning fuel cons? I am a bit cost-averse although I have not checked the local lazer prices either..
I dont think its fair to quote fuel consumption as I have been messing around with the mixtures.
I'm not getting the best fuel consumption compared with some guys on the forum 50mpg - 4.7 ltrs/100Km. After I've stopped experimenting with the mixtures I'll let you know. By the way I had the problems before I fitted the K&N filter and the LV slip on pipe, they have helped me cure the problems I believe. Its like a different bike now, I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I won't be happy until its smooth at all throttle settings, maybe I'll grow old looking for pefection?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts