Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I've lost my old login so after many attempts i decided to make a new user name.
I can't even remember the name let alone the password!

Anyway, I'm Mark from Norfolk and I bought a 85,000 miler a few years ago.

Right to the topic in hand
I'm not sure if any of you spotted the leo vince x3 can on ebay, it came off a 2000 AT.
The place looks like a breakers.

Seeing as my bike is a high mile bike I didn't really want to spend much on a end can so this can with link pipe for £179 I thought was ok.

Lightning fast postage, so I set about cutting my rusted clamps off and removing my old exhaust.

As I went to fit the x3 exhaust I noticed maybe 7-8 holes on the side where the link pipe joins... maybe where the internals are spot welded on.. :(
The exhaust was listed as "good working order, one scuff on the rear as pictured"
Someones idea of good working order is a bit different to mine i think...
the pictures showed everything but the side with the corrosion... (which would have been a MOT failure)

I was offered £20 back on the phone as a discount!

Just a heads up for you guys as this ebay seller has now cost me £23 is postage.. as I have returned the scrap metal to were it came from so no doubt it will be re listed for some other innocent ebayer to get ripped of with.
Item number: 140731404504

Take care

Mark

p.s. I have some photos of said holes if anyone needs to see them
p.p.s My AT is now stuck in the garage pipeless :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
I nearly bought that pipe, at least now you have your money back - get one of the Motad Venoms for £89, bike is back on the road.
Chuffed with mine, and you'll have the pipe in double quick time as it comes from Motad themselves.

If it goes up again report it to eBay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm still waiting on the refund and already bought a new shiny pipe :D
here is said holes.
[/IMG]

Not a good look for £179!

if you look at the listing every angle but this one.. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts