Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Cheers tuzzi for that info
The varadero seat is 838mm but not too sure how they compare on width.
It looks to tick all the boxes for me and seeing as it can't be trusted as an everyday bike, its going to serve its purpose
:thumbup:
As long as you can live with dodgy electrics and temperamental motor :thumbleft:
Nice colours on a bike that really looks no better than an @

G

·
0 Posts
As long as you can live with dodgy electrics and temperamental motor :thumbleft:
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn you..........
I'm all of a cuffle now as to whether I should go for.
Perhaps I should just stick with the varadero, invest some of the original budget in one of the nations trusted banks hahahahahahahahaha, book a holiday or summit else.
Answers on a post card to .........................
Regards
Greg

G

·
0 Posts
@GOODFOODGUYD
I don't know, if you have any German skills.
I don't but my eldest son did have a program that helps you translate web pages into English. I have bookmarked the page and sent him the address via email.
Once again,
Thank you "tuzzi"
Regards
Greg

·
Registered
55 Posts
OK I have been considering an Africa but must confess I have loved this elegant beast since i first set eyes on one but troubled by the reputation electrics etc but u must admit they do haver a certain something Honda's don't have ;) so if you could find a good one what would it be worth this 94 job is on ebay and rather tempted to say the least call me stupid but maybe what I'm looking for.

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Beauty mate!:thumbup: Kinda looks like the "love child" of an AT mother and a Varadero father!:D:D:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well it's a done deal and would you believe it's only covered 20k miles with just 2 owners from new,can't wait for it to arrive. :error::rolleyes::toothy8::cool:

H

·
0 Posts
well done
bought with the heart not the head
hope she loves you back

I wanted one but got talked out of it and bought a TA, regreted it till i bought a navigator
loved that but it scared me with the adictive power so now have a BMW rockster now thats nice.

cagiva parts are not a problem but join the yahoo cagiva elephant group

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Harrisphil, well I'm gradually finding parts and i needed a few expensive bits :( but i can't say I'm surprised. The previouse owner was less than honest about the bike. :rolleyes: Bought a new shock, disc rotors pads etc and I need to fix a few other problems to think I peddeled this bike back from Devon scares me with the fauts I have found.
It's going to be a while before I get it safe and usable now as the cold and dark has beaten me this year. Roll on next year and some lighter days and evenings so I can get to work on the bike properly and go for a decent ride.
have you a link to the yahoo cagiva group Harrisphil?

Have a good Christmas everyone ride safe, Vince.

·
Registered
55 Posts
a few months work know and I am loving it :thumbup:
Ducati 900SS engine waiting to go in but can't stop riding the thing long enough it will have to wait a bit longer :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is a 600 Elefant just come on to Ebay. Taxed & tested. £200 Buy Now price. Yes, £200, but........ it's lost top gear. I had a quick look at a parts website and I recon you could be in for about £500 of parts if you need a couple of cogs, gaskets etc. That aside, it looked ok as a hack and had about 36,000 miles on.

This information is, as they say, correct at time of going to press....

No, forget the Buy Now - some idiot has bid £100 when I went to get the item number, so the Buy Now has disappeared! It looks like it will be on a while now (and maybe exceed the £200!) Ebay number 220387764377

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
This is the one I bought two years ago. New paint works wonders. Only missing the elefant design (not the lucky explorer)

After having some trouble with various things (regulator, cables, carburator) and exchanging some parts: 19=>21, 17=>18, Offroadrearshock, new seat etc... she is an awesome ride. New exhaust is waiting. 1500mile ride through Poland and Czech Republik mastered without any incidents.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts