Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome back for another year guys, the committee this year we have decided to keep quite small with delegating jobs out to members as and when needed.

Barry and Mark, your both able to see this forum and were absolutely brilliant last year so I hope you don't mind that we have accepted your kind offers to continue with the organising this year.

We also have Phillip (PDsquire), and hopefully Digital Captive who will help with the artwork and design.

Boris will be popping in and out and helping with communications if we need a telephone conference but the cost last year was bigger than anticipated so we need to keep this to an absolute minimum.

After a discussion with the moderators and administrators we would like to keep the event as simple as possible to organise, so we will be expecting the riders to be sorting out their own crossings, and accommodation. We will find places and post them up but the booking will be down to them. That way no committee member will be out of pocket and we won't have to chase members for payment.

Merchandise will need to be discussed as will the route, I note the poll has come out strongly in favour of the towers run, in which case we need to make this as enticing as possible to sponsors, any ideas now is the time to speak out.

If we could come up with a "to do" list and put some time constraints on it that would be great.

Here we go again :thumbup:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some of the bits I've come up with

TO DO

1. Confirm Route and challenge
2. Get started on design for 2011
2. Source decal and t shirt supplier
3. Sort out website
4. Inform riders and request interest
5. Decide on route planner and get them started
6. Find accommodation at start and finish point

That's just for a start

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
I think that we need the art work for the web site and merchandise sort PDQ, so that registration can commence as soon as possible via the web site. This should be the only place for the riders to register, so we don't get lost in a maze of threads. Can we assume that Tom is still in the chair, Sharrie your on comms, Phillip, Barry, Myself and DC the odd job men or are we going to be delegated a specific.

Post the years run I started to make some enquiries with printers for the t-shirts etc and am quiet happy to continue this line if thats what you want me to do, just need a design. I think that we all agree that although Ash put in a good effort last year, the quality of the T-shirts was crap. Although I didn't do TLD2007 I did buy a t-shirt and that is still in good condition despite numerous washes. I am using this years to check my oil levels.

Not wanting to put names to jobs, but Barry did a fanastic job with last years Road Book, and has probably drafted next years one already ;)

So to summarise

1) Allocation or confirmation of jobs (Committee)
2) Artwork
3) Web site as a matter of urgency
4) Confirmation of the route
5) Merchandise
6) Publicity
7) Fund Raising (Can I put Tickety Boo's name forward as a possible fund raising champion)
8) Can't think of an 8 yet, as just pleased to be included.

Off we go then :thumbup:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Here are some of the bits I've come up with

TO DO

1. Confirm Route and challenge
2. Get started on design for 2011
2. Source decal and t shirt supplier
3. Sort out website
4. Inform riders and request interest
5. Decide on route planner and get them started
6. Find accommodation at start and finish point

That's just for a start
God that was quick, you must have posted that as I was typing my reply :p

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Running Numbers

This will no doubt come up again, I am in favour of allowing previous attendees to keep the same running number, this caused a bit of disquiet this year, so lets make a decision on this soon. Always start on a positive and all that :thumbup: Other numbers on a first come first serve basis, I am therefore reserving 52 if thats OK ?

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I'm happy to act as link between TLD and MAWF as before. I'll keep them in the loop when we have stuff to go live, get the TLD event on their website, sort out the presentation as before, and see if I can drum up some publicity at the start and finish using their publicity machine. Other than that I'll be around a bit for ad hoc stuff and opinions :rolleyes: :D I'm on 07920420437.

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm happy to act as link between TLD and MAWF as before. I'll keep them in the loop when we have stuff to go live, get the TLD event on their website, sort out the presentation as before, and see if I can drum up some publicity at the start and finish using their publicity machine. Other than that I'll be around a bit for ad hoc stuff and opinions :rolleyes: :D I'm on 07920420437.

That's fabulous Tom, thank you.

I'll keep in touch via mobile with you as I know you don't pop in here as much as you used to. Could you subscribe to this thread and get email updates, that way you don't miss anything if we need to shout for you

Thanks

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Begging E mail sent to Euro Tunnel, will keep you posted :smile: Also I have in my possession 6 x DVD's from Nick Sanders, the complete signed works from Sam Manicom, and have been promised something from Lois Pryce,for the auction, the begging continues

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Begging E mail sent to Euro Tunnel, will keep you posted :smile: Also I have in my possession 6 x DVD's from Nick Sanders, the complete signed works from Sam Manicom, and have been promised something from Lois Pryce,for the auction, the begging continues
Fantastic Mark, could we make sure that we can direct the riders to book themselves using a code rather than us having to organise everything again it'll make things so much easier.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Fantastic Mark, could we make sure that we can direct the riders to book themselves using a code rather than us having to organise everything again it'll make things so much easier.
Yeap thats was my thinking, will post up when heard back from Eurotunnel, also going to speak to Travel Lodge, there is one 1.5 miles from the Tower in Blackpool.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
We also need to think of a way to promote this event as a challenge, I think it's already been mentioned that 512 miles in 24 hours is hardly a challenge compared to some of our other rides.
The route says almost 17 hours, with a stop at The Ace add another hour, I think it needs to be sold as The Annual XRV Charity Event, rather than a Challenge. It will be a Challenge for some, a breeze in the park for others. When you add the mileage from home to Blackpool to Paris and back again we're looking at 1500-2000 miles over the weekend. How much of a challenge do we need ??? Iannic made a good point about this years timings, and I certainly didn't see the sun set in Ireland, but then I was with Molezy on his 125cc :D

1 - 20 of 117 Posts