xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi Lowflyer is that picture taken at Glentrool forest Park ? .Francis

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Nice one Richie, same as me old one which Len (Airwolf) has now :thumbup:
Heya Bob,

How did you get on with it? I'm 5'11'' and can barely put my feet down it's bloody massive. It seems quite 'aggressive' for a 625 single, not quite what i'm used to, plus the vibrations feel it's gonna shake me apart.

Bloody good fun though :)

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Heya Bob,

How did you get on with it? I'm 5'11'' and can barely put my feet down it's bloody massive. It seems quite 'aggressive' for a 625 single, not quite what i'm used to, plus the vibrations feel it's gonna shake me apart.

Bloody good fun though :)
You'll get used to the 'vibes', I never found it a really bad problem. The engine as you say has a amazing power (i had power-wheelies in 3rd gear) and yet it still returns 60-65 mpg. I'm only 5'8'' but never found it a real problem once I'd got my mate to set-up the rear sag correctly as the previous owner was a lot taller and heavier than me.

I'm sure Len will be along soon as he has had the bike longer than I did, I only sold it as I prefered to keep my 950 out of the two bikes but I still miss it. Having said that I'm happy that Len bought it as I know he uses it as It was intended to be used.

·
Registered
154 Posts
P1030704.jpg
My Vmax during last overhaul

My FJR 1300 i sold to by alp

pics of the alp when i finish it :thumbleft::thumbleft:

032.jpg

·
Registered
154 Posts
5692578681_737d2a61d5_b.jpg Its finished now, and here on a run to weston bike night :mrgreen:

347.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
My FJR 1300 i sold to by alp [ATTACH=CONFIG said:
16226[/ATTACH]
Hi Bull dog - just out of curiosity - I am thinking of looking for a tourer - how did you find that FJR? - it looks as if it is loaded for camping - two up? just interested to hear your views on it?!!!! you can email me if you want happypatkingatgmail.com - change the at for the usual symbol! thanks - Pat

·
Space Emperor
613 Posts
Here's some video of my XR650R and (mostly) a Honda CRF 450X in the desert, plus somme video of a buddy's 650R as well. It's helmet-cam stuff, most of it filmed from the 650R, but some from the CRF.

It's advisable to click "WATCH IN HD" under the video, or else you'll be subjected to horrible Youtube quality.
Takes a minute longer to load, hope it's worth it.

Desert rides / DubaI - mix - YouTube
Good lord, that looks great! I am so envious ... my envy may turn to hate if you keep posting awesome stuff like that!

1061 - 1080 of 1103 Posts