Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a thread just gagging to get off the ground innit ?

Looks like Bob will be first up if he makes it home safely in this weather from Crawley today ! :D

( Only post please if you've actually left the dealers with your new bike and a fat grin ! :) )

(Most of the Original AT's still on the move can be found here - http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/africa-twin/103154-africa-twins-2014-a.html ) :thumbleft:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Don't worry about being the first Jim, there'll be extra points for wheelies :blob8:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Well, I'm home, and we've covered almost 80 grimey, wet, flooded, foggy miles. It was almost the first new Africa Twin to be dropped about 10 minutes ago, trying to negotiate my very wet and slippery 100ft uphill "mud or grass, take yer pick" driveway, but I managed to save the day and get it into the back garden, where it is drip drying before I roll it into the spare room!!!

Report, and only 1 pic (sorry) to follow!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Honda must have done something right when most people are going for the same colour :thumbleft:
Obviously. And everyone wants a new Afro that looks like an RD03 ;-)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Agree about bashplate. Those front pipes are going to take some punishment with the production model type.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd like a red one with gold wheels. Honda dealer says it can't be done. I think what he means is that he can't be arsed to do anything a little different. I tried to explain that if we are capable of sending a man inside a rocket to live on a space station then it should be possible to change the wheels on an 11k motorbike.
Mind you, this is the same dealer who has decided to stop selling the Arai Tour X helmets to coincide with the launch of the new AT. Seems like an odd decision...
Anyway, I still fancy a red one, a lot!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Daft question to owners..... Does the bike come with the rear disc protector?

From your images, some do and some dont seem to have it. Honda images show the plastic semi-cover on the rear disc, so was wondering if this is an option or is it standard?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Daft question to owners..... Does the bike come with the rear disc protector?

From your images, some do and some dont seem to have it. Honda images show the plastic semi-cover on the rear disc, so was wondering if this is an option or is it standard?
I think you're looking at the caliper cover on DCT parking brake.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts