Motorbike lock £9.99
disc lock £6.99
motorcycle cover £7.99
battery charger £4.99
magnetic tankbag £19.99

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have bought some of their cycling gear shorts tops waterproofs etc which is a lot cheaper than everywhere else and the quality is usually decent, dont know about safety gear like back protector ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lidl - Motorcycle Gear

I know this has been mentioned in the past....these new offers start this Thursday if anyone is interested.

LIDL

Sorry if this is in the wrong place...I'm sure the mods will file it appropriately :thumbup:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Lidl specials

This coming Thursday, 11th March, Lidl bike gear day.

LIDL

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I bought a tank bag from them for TLD 09 and it was veery good, sat well on the AT and there was no need for straps...

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I've bought a few bits and pieces from there over the last couple of years. Of the things I have:

cordura jackets £59.99
Looks similar to the one I bought, and about the same price. I've tended to wear this one in favour of my more expensive jacket, particularly in the summer as its a lot cooler, and lighter to wear (though is still warm enough with the lining zipped in). Doesn't come with back protection though and the back protection from my other jacket doesn't fit it.

socks £2.99
Bargain and I found them nice to wear and still going strong

disc lock £6.99
Unless they've beefed up the design (the one listed looks exactly like the one I bought), it's made of cheese and the lock is very insecure (can be opened with other keys amongst other things).

I still take mine with me as an added visual deterrant to go with my heavier lock, but that's all it is really. Much better to invest a little more in a motrax vishas that's much heaftier, better made, and can't be so easily broken.

I've heard more than once of these breaking (in one case someone just pushing their bike forward by hand after forgetting it was attached - which isn't much help). Maybe they've improved them though.

battery charger £4.99
Found these a bargain. I got two - one to charge the battery in the house when I have it off the bike, and another I wired a cigarette plug to, so I can plug it into the bike and charge it easily with the battery still connected (has worked well so far, though you need to keep an eye on batteries with water in them as it has a habit of evaporating more quickly if you don't keep an eye on it).

magnetic tankbag £19.99
The design of this one looks a bit different from their previous ones, but the one I bought a couple of years ago is stil going strong and has put up with some terrible abuse and bad weather, and still remains watertight (even without using the supplied rain cover). One I got looked very similar to a bag I saw in halfords for 4 times the price (and about as well made). These see like a bargain.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Re: Lidl gear if you are interested-NOW!

had a look today XL gloves are a tight fit on my hands, boots look a bit harleyfied, but generally seem resonable stuff for the price,

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts

Assuming it's the same stuff as last time the jackets are very good. It looks to be a very close copy of the Gericke Cruise jacket I have right down to the little rubber bits on the pockets. I picked up one last time for kids / Mrs use.

·
Registered
485 Posts

I believe that Lidl approach HG and give a pre order for the following year- NO returns agreement. This ensures the run is cost effective for all concerned.

While the boots are not a fantastic deal, I believe there is a voucher sold with every pair, entitling the purchaser to a trial tube of 250gms K-Y Jelly. -a somewhat queer marketing approach!

D

·
0 Posts
I bought the gloves today. £12.99 and they very good value. Not a lot of stuff left now lucky to get em in my size.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I can vouche for the socks and the back protector.:thumbup: Think I also bought an open face helmet for £20!!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Went in past today, a new tank bag was had, also two bike covers (one for Fiona).
The tank bag seems good enough quality and after 10yrs my old one was getting tatty. The bike covers were an idea I'd picked up from Steve T, when away camping they are a perfect size to carry with you for covering the bike. Saves wet bike in the morning and keeps it from prying eyes! Nice one!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Went in past today, a new tank bag was had, also two bike covers (one for Fiona).
The tank bag seems good enough quality and after 10yrs my old one was getting tatty. The bike covers were an idea I'd picked up from Steve T, when away camping they are a perfect size to carry with you for covering the bike. Saves wet bike in the morning and keeps it from prying eyes! Nice one!
I went to Lidl yesterday for exactly the same reason with the idea pinched from the same SteveT. Sadly, they had all gone, so I had to be satisfied with a pair of overgloves for my backbox to go with the other waterproof slipovers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts