Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new member just bought a 2001 TA in green live in Lincolnshire but never see another TA about been to many bike meets but everybody seems sports bike mad. Im 60 would like to know if there are any meeting points etc where i might get to know a few people.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome, there are a few members up around that part of the world, hopefully someone will be along soon to let you in on their secret location.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Hi I am a new member just bought a 2001 TA in green live in Lincolnshire but never see another TA about been to many bike meets but everybody seems sports bike mad. Im 60 would like to know if there are any meeting points etc where i might get to know a few people.
I suspect may of us here will recognise your comment about the "sports bike" crowd. Also known as the BabyGro or Power Rangers brigade cos of their fetching attire :)

Can't help you regarding Lincs XRV'ers but I would guess there will be someone or two, nearby. Good choice of bike and year ;) Just stay on top of the dikes....

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts

Good on yer.
I am not that far away and thE roads round your way are good so may well meet up one day. I know of one other north of you.

Do you like green lane?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Steve for your reply have been biking for 43 years and have always enjoyed my motorcycling never been tempted to get a greenhouse and hang my boots up!It just seems so strange that the sports bike crowd have dominated the scene so much whats happened to the hardcore bikers like me probably retired like i should have done.Never mind i still love the adventure although it may be a little slower these days!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to hear from you would look forward to a meet up im located about 8 miles from Market Rasen and about the same from Cadwell Park.The pace is a bit slower these days but i always get there.!Regards.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Once I've got my bike back on the road I'd be happy to meet up somwhere mid wayish like Newark :thumbup:
I quite often ride down to Mablethorpe as my family still live in that area and as far as I know there is another member in Mablethorpe itself although his name escapes me :thumbup:

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Sounds like a plan. :thumbright:

Just needs a place and time - anyone got any suggestions for a venue Newark-ish area?

Probably can't do 12th/13th as taking my boys to Bikesafe at Sheffield-2 trips cos they both want to go pillion.:cool: Might be there both days, depending on how it goes.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi marvinite i come from fotherby near louth ihave a vara and xtz 750 going out for a bimble sunday meet at willy woods 8.30 ish go for breakie then what ever if you fanncey it p.s im a steadey rider

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks that would be great unfortunatly im away this weekend whats the best way to contact i only live about 10 milea from you is it ok to leave telephone numbers on this site?.Regards.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Guys, its an open forum so best not to disclose numbers, emails etc in plain view - unless you like being spammed. :rolleyes:

If you "disguise" it a bit you might be ok, or if you subscribe, you can private message each other. Then no idle browsers, or other forum members will be able to read your messages - just the intended recipient(s).

Subscription isn't a fortune and all the money is used for the forum and helps keep the site running. It's not compulsory either, so if you prefer not to subscribe don't sweat it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
marvinite do you go to woods on weds night .i get there 7 ish i will keep my eye out for you i will be on a white xtz750 or a black and blue vara if my wife is with me hope to see you one night

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
DaveDixon is in Lincolnshire... :thumbleft:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts