Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Austin's Son
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have got myself a summer placement, will be working from mid-june to the end of August and I need to sort out somewhere to stay. There are two of us (from my university) that have got the placement and are both looking for something together.

The company is in Greenford, so somewhere around there would be great. Greenford has a train & tube station (central line), I don't mind having to travel there (using public transport) and I am planning on bringing my bike providing I can find somewhere to keep it safe over night.

The company has given us £100 a week towards accommodation and the rest we make up, something close to £100 sounds good!

Does anyone know of anywhere there would do rent for 3 months? Or have 2 bedrooms they are willing to rent for 3 months?

I was thinking of looking at university halls as that way we don't have to fanny around trying to sort bills for 3 months.

Any ideas anyone?

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Hello Charlie, you'll probably need £100 each to get anything there.

Greenford's not the most expensive place (down the road from the Ace).

Strong Indian Subcontinent flavour (Subtle as a telephone pole in the face me....:))

Maybe check out some bed & breakfast/ small hotels places for a deal over that time....

Empty student accommodation available that time of year methinks..

Ask Student Union ?

Good luck....:thumbup:

·
Austin's Son
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry probably didn't make it that clear, we have got £100 each plus what ever else we'd add to it (ideally nothing!).

Just been looking on GumTree. Seems it might be harder sorting out the accommodation than getting the job

Contacted one of the halls and they wanted £210 a week! And then we'd need a oyster card for zones 1-5 (£169 a month!). So will probably definitely be a houseshare then, shall get sifting throw gumtree adverts.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts