Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
London "routemaster" TV prog

Fascinating watching, especially for one of the fortunate ones that does not have to commute through or across the city! My only experiences of the Blackwall tunnel has been at 5.30-6am en route to a ferry and jeez am I glad I have never based a 9am run down on the 6am timings.....

Loved the local resident giving the road "mending" team an earbashing, well deserved IMO.

I think I will stick to living in Shropshire and give a nod to those having to get to work in such circumstances :thumbup:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Re: Londo "routemaster" Yc prog

Saw a bit of it earlier.

Full of observations and not many solutions but I only saw a bit.

My experience of them has not been good...

Their latest is to apply to have cyclists areas in front of traffic lights decriminalised..........So they can fine you by camera without having to do the courts/points bit.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
752 Posts

They should spend more time finding a way to stop cyclists going through red lights and swerving around without regard for others like they are on the dam Tour de France

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'll need to iplayer the 1st one! I work in a building where they were filming for it. The office with all the traffic control stuff.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts

Too many cabs on the road :D
Yep Nev Half 'em....cut down the competition. :hitler:

New wave of Taxi drivers cutting others up to nick jobs...

Absolute proof that the the theory test is exactly that....a nice theory. In reality it's no good.
Don't know what to do in box junctions....don't understand filters(regularly get tooted by them for not turning left/right on an ahead only filter.

TFL? Potential to do great good...controlled at the top by those who won't.

Don't start me on that independant state in the square mile with it's own private police force......:rolleyes:

·
Midlife pah done that
1,107 Posts

Yep Nev Half 'em....cut down the competition. :hitler:

New wave of Taxi drivers cutting others up to nick jobs...

Absolute proof that the the theory test is exactly that....a nice theory. In reality it's no good.
Don't know what to do in box junctions....don't understand filters(regularly get tooted by them for not turning left/right on an ahead only filter.

TFL? Potential to do great good...controlled at the top by those who won't.

Don't start me on that independant state in the square mile with it's own private police force......:rolleyes:
Think I already have :toothy10:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll need to iplayer the 1st one! I work in a building where they were filming for it. The office with all the traffic control stuff.
Looked like Mission Control, Houston!!

Though IAH, the control of London traffic is a sight more complex than a rocket to the moon!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Looked like Mission Control, Houston!!

Though IAH, the control of London traffic is a sight more complex than a rocket to the moon!! :eek:
Tube control for a few lines has recently moved to the same site. Now that IS mission control. Very shiny and has whooshy airlock type access doors. Very star trek. :)

Saw some of the prog last night. Saw quite a few faces I know. Weird seeing peeps you know on telly. The guy working the blackwall tunnell recovery cracked me up. 'She's 8 months pregnant, so a bit funny' :D

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
. The guy working the blackwall tunnell recovery cracked me up. 'She's 8 months pregnant, so a bit funny' :D
A wise and astute man... :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts