Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for my first XRV AT and was wondering if anyone would fancy swapping/PX theirs for my 97 Honda VFR750?
Excellent bike, best all round bike I've every owned but the riding position is not suiting my knackered knee. :(
If any ones interested please contact me for more details.

Thanks, Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think your trouble will be finding an AT for around the £1500 I would estimate that yours is worth, and if you do it probably won't be a decent one! Yours looks really nice though! But no harm in trying and good luck. :)

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
As above, your tidy vfr unfortunarely is only worth about the same as a sh!tty AT, you'd have to put at least 1k to it for a good 'un but good luck

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome to the forum Samz

Good luck with the search

Very nice and tidy VFR

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I agreed to buy one from Cronyx (XRV member) but he changed his mind at the last minute. I absolutely felt at one with it ! Oh well,that was a while back.

So listen,I have an AT (a real good one). If you PM me some good pic's and details ? I may well be interested.

Be warned though VFR's are not a valued bike like the AT ! :)

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
I agreed to buy one from Cronyx (XRV member) but he changed his mind at the last minute. I absolutely felt at one with it ! Oh well,that was a while back.

So listen,I have an AT (a real good one). If you PM me some good pic's and details ? I may well be interested.

Be warned though VFR's are not a valued bike like the AT ! :)
Ooh, didn't know it was like that Nick!

Right,

Straight swap for my pearl white '92 fl with only 3 previous owners, a genuine 18k, fullest of full sh plus a complete mechanical service by yours truly & all old mot's - rides sweet ;)
Dunno whether I'm ready to part with it yet!

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Ooh, didn't know it was like that Nick!

Right,

Straight swap for my pearl white '92 fl with only 3 previous owners, a genuine 18k, fullest of full sh plus a complete mechanical service by yours truly & all old mot's - rides sweet ;)
Dunno whether I'm ready to part with it yet!

Phil

sent from my 'phone
Phil I've seen your bike,I love it but I'd be after one of them there fifteen hundred note jobs I'm (it's the money I need more than anything ).

When I rode that VFR one evening way back it felt tiny, light, and totally controllable when gunned ! (compared to the AT ).

The last time I had a fast sporty bike (apart from the Vmax) was a GPZ600 in 1986 !!

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
'Twas a tongue in cheek comment so no worries Nick.
Realistically, mines a 1500 quid bike but somehow it feels much more than 1500 quids worth!!!

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Phil,this is not our thread,so I'll be brief ! My head is full of ideas ? :D let's see what develops.

Cabby and I just lifted my Dommie into the back of the van half hour ago for a weekend of dirt ( I left the ramp someplace :rolleyes:) I'd need £5000 to replace it with a new bike just as good,I know what you mean. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I rode that VFR one evening way back it felt tiny, light, and totally controllable when gunned ! (compared to the AT ).

YIKES! Am I doing the right thing??? :eek:

Will take some pics and send you details asap sohoeasy

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
YIKES! Am I doing the right thing??? :eek:
Only riding one will tell.

A large part is the roads you want to ride, tight twisty A&B roads, I'd take the Alp/AT anyday.
Obviously, fast sweepers & motorways a sportier bike has benefits.

I can ride my Transalp quicker, smoother & more confidently in most situations than my vfr750.

Ironically, the crossrunner takes just about the best of each & fills the gap perfectly :)

Much as I love my 750fl, it's the Transalp that I'd keep out of the two ;)

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm looking for my first XRV AT and was wondering if anyone would fancy swapping/PX theirs for my 97 Honda VFR750?
Excellent bike, best all round bike I've every owned but the riding position is not suiting my knackered knee. :(
If any ones interested please contact me for more details.

Thanks, Sam
ooooo.... Had one of these, wish I never sold it :( Lovely

2786 miles on a trip with the lads, never missed a beat, didn't drink a drop of oil, chain perfect with no adjustment.

Wish I had the space / money !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts