Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any long zip textile trousers (i.e. above knee)? I get sick of the faff of taking shoes off, putting trousers on, then boots on, lifting trousers over boots and vice versa. All overtrousers seem to have a below knee zip that you can't get your boots through.:blob5:

·
Registered
283 Posts
After beginning to reach the point where i thought I'd have to make them myself, I finally found some waterproof, lined overtrousers with a full length zip on the outside of each leg. I'm very pleased with them. You can get them on and off standing up. You pass them under your legs, then start the zip for each side and continue down to the ankle. A velcro'd flap covers and waterproofs the zips. They're German and I think they're 'Outdoors' brand (I'll check tomorrow). I bought online from a UK shop for, I think, about £75 or £90. They have reflective piping down side, button at waist to attach to jacket, and pockets to insert knee armour. A bit too warm this time of year, but just the thing in the winter.

Hell, I've just searched the internet and the firm that I think I got them from (GetGeared) lists them as 'no longer available'. Maybe still available elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I got some for my other half from Aldi about two years ago: she has a problem with her leg, and the fact that the zip goes above the knee makes a big difference. She can get them on with her boots on already. Came with removable braces, I think. Not the thickest material about, but still reasonable quality, and came with armour. I think they were about £40, and the make was Crane. Trouble is, you will have to wait for the bike gear week, and that is usually in Spring!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Does anybody know of any long zip textile trousers (i.e. above knee)? I get sick of the faff of taking shoes off, putting trousers on, then boots on, lifting trousers over boots and vice versa. All overtrousers seem to have a below knee zip that you can't get your boots through.:blob5:
I thought only blokes with big c**** need long zips:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I thought only blokes with big c**** need long zips:D:D:D:D
Surely thats counts in a lost of cases as big c**** do rides bikes even if they tend to have small p******! I know plently of big c****, ar**h****, Wa****** and T****! Most kind enough to buy a pint when off the bike...its on them thats the issue.

See traffic leaving BSB for typical example!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts