Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shamelessly stolen idea from a post by pdsquire!

"And it would be great for supporters to be at Jelly's from 7am on the day to wave us through..."

Planning on being there to do just that. Probably camping in the field opposite on Friday night (might pop in to the pub for a swift half:rolleyes:).

Anyone else fancy it? Be good if there was more than a few of us. See you there?

Edit: That's Friday 18th / Saturday 19th, in case you don't know.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Will be nice to see a few supporters out there.:D :thumbup:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
You been arguing with the missus, Mick?! You only live in Chesterfield: whaddaya need to camp at Jelly's for?!?!? :confused: :D

While I've got you, there was a mistake in the road book where it said that the distance from Baslow roundabout to Jelly's was X miles. Do you know what X should have been?

Ta.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You been arguing with the missus, Mick?! You only live in Chesterfield: whaddaya need to camp at Jelly's for?!?!? :confused: :D

While I've got you, there was a mistake in the road book where it said that the distance from Baslow roundabout to Jelly's was X miles. Do you know what X should have been?

Ta.
Baslow roundabout to Jelly's - about 6 miles.

Camping due to hard-to-leave pub.
Last April XRV'ers found it so hard to leave (after popping in for a night cap) they stayed until the beer ran out!
Last November Bazza found it so extremely hard to leave (after popping in for a swift half and a warm by the fire) that he was eventually carried out by two confused* gentlemen who believed he was possibly an art treasure and shouldn't be left unattended in case he fell in the fireplace, again!

*They seemed to think he was a Dali or a Van Gogh - maybe just Pollacks?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Mick, and the two that confused me for a graffiti board will be payed back in due course.

I will check on Monday mate and try and get down for the night.:thumbright:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Camping due to hard-to-leave pub.
That would be the reason I was somewhat quiet the morning we met there:D

I cannot make Jellies,I will be working that day,but the route from Grantham to Nottingham passes where I live.Any ideas what time people might be passing through?

If it all goes tits up for anyone I could be on hand to help out on that stretch of the run if it's any help.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be the reason I was somewhat quiet the morning we met there:D

I cannot make Jellies,I will be working that day,but the route from Grantham to Nottingham passes where I live.Any ideas what time people might be passing through?

If it all goes tits up for anyone I could be on hand to help out on that stretch of the run if it's any help.
Not sure what time to expect them. Try googling the route as far as yours, might give you an ETA, Start time at midnight friday?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Not sure what time to expect them. Try googling the route as far as yours, might give you an ETA, Start time at midnight friday?
I think the start time is 0400 as that is when it starts getting light and the finish is before it get dark again.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Lowestoft to Bingham is about 140 miles.There will be no traffic at that time in a morning,not that anyone will go over the speed limit mind:D So probably 7.00am ish.I will probably go and sit by the road for a bit before I go to work at 8.30.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Shamelessly stolen idea from a post by pdsquire!

"And it would be great for supporters to be at Jelly's from 7am on the day to wave us through..."

Planning on being there to do just that. Probably camping in the field opposite on Friday night (might pop in to the pub for a swift half:rolleyes:).

Anyone else fancy it? Be good if there was more than a few of us. See you there?

Edit: That's Friday 18th / Saturday 19th, in case you don't know.

Just used Autoroute and the ROute book - setting off at 4:30 and including a stop for fuel and a wipe of the brow at about Matlock area and at 'legal' speeds then it says would be at Jellys at 8:15am - this is good as the coffee machine will have been heated up and ready for serving.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, looks like it's only me going to be at Jelly's. :confused:

So, I will definitely be there early Saturday, around 7? Unless there's any last minute takers for pub & camping Friday night - in which case I can be there at short notice. :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm not up to camping at the mo but will try & get to Jellys early to meet up & have a brew.Will he be open that early :rolleyes:

Hopefully see you there :thumbup:

TA! Shel

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not up to camping at the mo but will try & get to Jellys early to meet up & have a brew.Will he be open that early :rolleyes:

Hopefully see you there :thumbup:

TA! Shel
Will do. :thumbright:

Oooh, it's a long, long time since I was in my teens and thought 7pm was the only 7 o'clock in the day! Even then getting up "early" at the weekend meant before 1pm! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I am normally just going to bed then

1 - 16 of 16 Posts