Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Tickertyboo was riding his heart out for TLD, and raising in the region of two grand in the process, some thieving scum broke into his place.

Stolen were:

1 Kwaka Kx 125

1 kwaka Kx 250

Tools that have taken the best part of 20 years to accumulate

Items from the music room including

guitar

amps

mikes

1 Orange downhill bike

And they wrecked his car in the process of trying to nick that too.

They are gutted, especially his sons who had their precious bikes stolen.

It's a mark of the man that his email ends:
But any way a huge thanks to every one for an amazing trip, a big thanks to oli,mat,phill,ross for giving me a seriously big grin factor.
And stumpy for an unplanned but awesome route.
What can you say.

I'm attaching some pics below: Gary if you want to add any more detail , and the area; people can keep their eyes and ears peeled.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
I'm on ebay at the mo lookin' for new mountain bike will keep 'em peeled for the orange! _ if I spot it will contact through the forum and let you know the item number!

gutter for ya mate!

Z

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have a saw for when you catch them.
Words I am thinking cannot be published on a site such as this.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
That's got to be something the local press would publish - H4H fundraiser robbed by scumbags. Worth a try maybe?

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
That's got to be something the local press would publish - H4H fundraiser robbed by scumbags. Worth a try maybe?
Yes, definitely worth getting in touch with them. Awful to hear of this. :(:(:(

Oh, and well done to the whole lot of you that completed the ride. Good on yer :thumbup:.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
You know, this sort of thing makes me SO ANGRY.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, so the little scumbags didn't know they were preying on a guy who put his heart and soul into a great cause. And I'm sure all the rest of the crew involved on the ride would agree that no one deserves this sort of s**t to come back to after such an amazing acheivement.

I agree with all of the above -- think the local press should be involved or maybe higher coverage.

Can anybody on here help this along ??

Bit too far away for me to get involved, but I tell you, I think this deserves press coverage to the max.

Might make someone more liable to grass them up :(

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i can only imagine how you feel.
personally i'd string up all thieving scumbags by their b*****xs.

certainly try the local press also consider your local radio and even local tv.
putting up posters locally may also be worth a try.

good luck

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
ps check out the local off road tracks official and unofficial.

·
Registered
41 Posts
thanks to you all for your comments very humbling to get support from people i have only just or never have met!!
the locall press are doing an article on this for me and the boys,trying for local tv news,never know may happen,will let you all know how i get on.
worth mentioning my hero for the ride was Gareth on his 125 realy sound young man,well done him.
for the laught factor it has to go to oz and matt reminds me how life was 25+ years ago.
and the special award goes to mr pdsquire for reminding me even now i can behave like a teenager,good man!!
i cant put here my itentions for those b******s who did this as it may later be relied on in court,but it is not nice in any way!!

thanks chaps. boo :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm on ebay at the mo lookin' for new mountain bike will keep 'em peeled for the orange! _ if I spot it will contact through the forum and let you know the item number!

gutter for ya mate!

Z
thanks Z any help i can get is realy needed my heart is aching for my boys and there is not much i can realy do to chear them up.
well when life throws you some s**T plant some roses.:thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
You know, this sort of thing makes me SO ANGRY.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, so the little scumbags didn't know they were preying on a guy who put his heart and soul into a great cause. And I'm sure all the rest of the crew involved on the ride would agree that no one deserves this sort of s**t to come back to after such an amazing acheivement.

I agree with all of the above -- think the local press should be involved or maybe higher coverage.

Can anybody on here help this along ??

Bit too far away for me to get involved, but I tell you, I think this deserves press coverage to the max.

Might make someone more liable to grass them up :(
we are on the same page m8!!thanks 4 ur kind words.Boo:thumbup:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think ar*eholes like the w*nkers who stole this stuff should have their faces tattood bright blue.

Why do these people think that if they can't afford it, they can just steal it.
Should try getting a job the lazy caaants

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
What a bunch of TOSSERS, must of been someone who knew they were going away and the place would be empty. Unfortunatly the web is a lovely place you write a thread saying when you going away on here and any scum, members not included unless you were the burglars can read what your doing and when.
My mates garage was ram raided about 4 years ago it's an aprillia franchise they took 2 450cc (ithink )special edition bikes only 200 in the country, they thought it was done by another dealer who kept phoning wanting to buy them. The bikes were then found about 2 months later by the police the bikes were wearing KTM graphics kits to disquise they were aprillia bikes.
MAybe worth going to weston next year for the beach races alot of stolen offroaders end up there to be raced but th epolice did get alot back this year

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
This is the man who was going to take his bikes to Ubley Drove this weekend to allow them to be used by some of the younger and newer members who he meet on TLD. Gutted for you mate, hope you get some success with the local press.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi folks local press did front page spread ! loads of phone calls and visits from people offering any help they can give,goes to show still some realy good people around,even if there not biking folks ! :thumbright:

have sold some of my stuff and now have 1500.00 to replace Jordys crosser,will bring his smile back i recon :p .
good news is i have now collected 750.00 of the 1785.00 promised for the TLD run,puts things in perspective when you think how our chaps and lasses are going to benifit from all of our efforts.

hay ho always a silver lining. :thumbup:

thanks again to you all. Boo.:blob3:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Nice one...

It certainly does put it into perspective, just think how crap your life is now (if you are down) then imagine a tour of Afghanistan and possibly coming back missing a leg or arm or both... or not coming back. Definately makes you think that whatever problem you are having, it pales into insignificance.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm sorry about this.

However, I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around" with a little luck they've been run over by something rather large, oh and slow.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
thanks Z any help i can get is realy needed my heart is aching for my boys and there is not much i can realy do to chear them up.
well when life throws you some s**T plant some roses.:thumbup:
could you let me know what model etc - and any changes from normal spec or distinctive marks/scratches on the frame etc

will keep looking matey!

·
Registered
41 Posts
could you let me know what model etc - and any changes from normal spec or distinctive marks/scratches on the frame etc

will keep looking matey!
hi Z its an orange ( uk company ! ) MR O
has disck brake front and rear new. new wheels big hit. new combined gear change and front brake unit,shimano and new rear gears,shimano.
and new 1-1 ratio shimano single click changer. has no scratches or marks,to new !

only mark is on seat shaft i scratched it up putting the seat height down,silly me !:thumbup:
thanks chap. Boo

1 - 20 of 39 Posts