Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a 600TA and have seen this one https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/honda-transalp-600-rally-touring/1294269216

The owner has sent me a photo of the frame number (looks exactly how it should) to check with hpi. However the bike is registered as blue, when I would say black/grey...
Seems odd to me, I did check the mot history and it did mention loose body panels, I wonder if the whole lot was changed due to breakages?
Anybody got thoughts on this?
Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
It may just be Honda's naming of the silver/blue lower half, there will, or should be a colour code sticker under the seat, perhaps you could do a search on it?

It looks ok and the colour scheme looks right for the age/model

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I had a colour change according to HPI on my RD04, initally listed as blue then multi-colour it is red white blue, checked with Honda UK they came back a week later and confirmed it was originally RWB.
If the colour code sticker is still on the bike that woll tell you the original colour

·
Registered
268 Posts
All the numbers match the v5c and hpi report just the colour doesn't match...
It will look slightly purple through rose-tinted spectacles....:cool:

Don't buy it sight unseen...'minor corrosion' on the rims could add £500+ to a rebuild.

Speaking of colour changes.....Everything else is cheap as chips...

DavidDickinson1-1001x1024.jpg

but it adds up.....;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks good for the money. the colour could be listed as blue as the dvla seem colour blind!. I have had a grey bike listed as blue!. go take a look., they are fantastic bikes. and you wont get better for the money. ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've just looked at the pics,
the bike is clearly two tone blue,
have you ever been tested for colourblindness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

:confused:

:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts