Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys Im new to the forum so Hi!!

Bit of advice really, I'm looking at buying a CRF450r off a friend, Its currently at my house now before i make a decision. Its a 2008 and im looking at road registering it. What i want to know is are these too high maintenance with regards top end/Full rebuilds? How often do these require doing? Ive been told 50 hours for top end and 90 hours ish for crank bearings and rod.

Im not a pro off road rider as ive always had road bikes so it wont be getting hammered all the time by any means.

Any advice will be much appreciated thankyou!

·
Registered
129 Posts
08 was said to be the lat of the best models ,everyone with a modified crf 250/450 goes for that model of steering yokes ,last of the carb ,good bike all round ..If you are able to thrash this bike work it hard then i would say 50 odd hour may well be right...but if you are using mainly lower rev range ,regular with filter cleaning and oil changes then this bike will last a long time..I still think there are better bang for your buck bikes for road use.You wont like going far on the crf b4 monkey butt becomes an issue or you learn to live in cycling shorts..5hr for an oil change filter clean depends on riding conditions but if you leave it dirty valve and other wear will occur very fat good luck to you ..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts