Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help? I am adding details of my attempts to fault find and fix the tripmeter on my XRV750Y into the Wiki section of this site.

However, now that the weather is getting better I need the bike complete for that 'spur of the moment' ride and most functions still work on the meter.

Does anyone have a broken tripmeter that they could donate/loan me in order for me to continue diagnostic work on the main internal PCB?

A PCB with no water/fire damage would be best, also some working functionality would be better than none. I would be happy to pay for postage and packing, let me know by PM.

Everything I learn will go into the Wiki section eventually!

I am also interested in hearing from anyone who has had a go a fixing this contraption - why not help update the Wiki section too?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry for not having one lying around but somebody must have and this donation would really go for a good cause. I hope you'll find one soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Haven't had much luck finding a tripmeter so far - I suppose all the broken ones get binned.

My bike is back together now for the summer (broken trip and all) - further work on repairing it will happen in the Autumn / Winter with more photos etc to follow into the Wiki.

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
730 Posts
Hi ProfPatPending,

There are two trip meters if you have a look on the German Ebay.. I Havent tried using Ebay.de, but worth a go if youre that desperate???

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I've got one you can have!!!
I think its a working one, but I'm not sure as it stopped working but I think the output from the speedo was at fault not the actual tripmaster.
Anyway let me know if you want it and I'll send it on.

·
Middle-aged Junior Member
84 Posts
As a first step if you spin your speedo cable and the other end turns then it is not the cable.I would then get a battery drill or slow-speed drill and put something in it that will fit into the small square hole on the back of the clock that the speedo cable goes into. Turn slowly and see if you get a reading on the clock. The speedo drive wheel (on the RD03 in my case) is very prone to stripping the small PVC teeth and has been the cause on at least 3 occasions of speedo failure. It is cheap and my last one has worked for a record time packed with molybendium grease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts