Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Im contemplating the need to replace my wiring loom as Ive found a series of small faults in it, in various systems. As the whole lot is now rather degraded I thought about replacing it. Davis silvers is quoting £300.:(
Does anyone know of anyone who will make up looms for bikes. besides it possibly being cheaper than honda I can add extra power points in the loom for all the extras. :thumbup:

Any help much appreciated

Phoenix

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I'm assuming this is for your RD07?

I can't understand how your loom can be that bad, do you really need to replace it?

Assuming the actual connectors are OK, it's quite easy to make repairs to the wires within the loom. My current RD04 was a stolen/recovered bike, and the loom had been hacked in half at the side of the headstock quite badly, which necessitated splicing in wires. This was quite straightforward, and well within the scope of most people.

Don't for a minute think it will be cheap to get a new loom made, as the cost of connectors, wire, and labour will make it frightening I reckon. If you really must replace the loom, keep an eye out on eBay.de, eBay.it and ebay.fr as well as the UK ebay site, I'm sure you'll get one.

I had to replace the CDI connectors on my RD03 loom and had trouble sourcing them. Forum member Jim Davis runs the Easternbeaver company in Japan, and is VERY knowledgeable and probably the best man to get you out of trouble if you want to replace any of the connectors on your loom, so drop him a PM or contact him via the Easternbeaver.com site.

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,
thanks for that. Ive come in from the garage trying to sort it out and all Ive got is cold tired and p****ed off. Bob youre prob right, a bit of tlc and we can rebuild it ;)

thanks again. Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is an RD07 wiring loom for sale on ebay, item 390077504381, £39.99 or best offer, from Bentleys. I've bought from them a few times and items have always been fine, and a good secondhand loom is probably cheaper than having an old one repaired by a professional electrician.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi ya thanks for the heads up on the wiring loom
:thumb::thumbup::thumbright:

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
Bentleys is local to me - not heard bad things - HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts