Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After living overseas for the last seven years, I am returning to the UK in two weeks. When I arrive, I will be in the Great Yarmouth area and will need my bike moting straight away. Can anybody suggest an mot station that are not just looking to fail you for the repair income. I service the bike myself and I know its either a straight pass or near as, but from previous experience I know their are some unscrupulous places about.
Any help greatly appreciated

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
A reputable mot testing station

Hi AfricaMadness,

If you fancy a day out on the motorcycle, then I'd heartily recommend (from my own experience) that you go west to seek an MOT from Ash, at
Nottingham Autocraft, The Old School House, Radcliffe Road, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham, NG12 2LF.
Tel: 0115 9826999
Fax: 0115 9826998.

http://www.nottinghamautocraft.com
E-Mail: [email protected]
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 0830 to 1800, Saturday 0900 to 1500.

Ash has many years of experience and certainly knows his stuff.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: A reputable mot testing station

Hi Mate,
I'd have a go at asking the question on http://www.adventuretrailrider.com/
We are mostly from in and around East Anglia, and are knowledgeable about shops and services in the area.
I use Gildos Motorcycles in Wisbech, although I suspect that 60 + miles for an MOT is a bit far.
If you need any further info I'll be glad to help.

EDIT, I've taken the liberty of asking the question on your behalf in lieu of you joining us, in any event you can keep an eye on meets and ride outs in your new home area.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Mark, thanks really appreciate the help.

©-© sorry but I think Norfolk nottingham is not an acceptable distance to go for an mot by the police, thanks for the input though

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Africamadness,

I have been taking my AT to Nicholsons, Stalham Engineering Company for MOT for the last nine years (latest one last week) and it has passed every time.

They have been very good and always helpful. They are about 20 mins from Gt Yarmouth address is
The Green
Stalham
Norfolk
NR12 9QG Tel 01692 580513

Hope this helps

Kerbs

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent, just the kind of recommendation I was looking for, thanks a lot, I'll get onto them as soon as I get back

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
In Two Weeks

... I am returning to the UK in two weeks ...
Hi AfricaMadness,

Are you doing the returning to the Uk by motorcycle ?

If you are, please post pics and some account of your journey.

Thank You !

©-©

·
Registered
114 Posts

Mark, thanks really appreciate the help.

©-© sorry but I think Norfolk nottingham is not an acceptable distance to go for an mot by the police, thanks for the input though
Hi mate
You are welcome, please check in with the following for any updates on your situation with the East Anglia crowd
,An MOT station around Great Yarmouth?
As you'll see I've assumed that the station has to be within a reasonable distance to pre book the test so as to satisfy the law on riding to and from a test?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks mark, I am going to give the Stalham garage a bell tomorrow as my screen got broken during shipment and need to check its ok to remove and still pass not while waiting for a new one.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Went to Stalham engineering, great guys, they don't do repairs so are not looking for a fail t make money. Fully recommend them to anyone.

Kudos to the Africa twin, not had anything done to it in two years and failed only on a front tyre, happy days

·
Registered
87 Posts

Pleased my recommendation worked for you.they have always been great for me. Welcome (back?) to Norfolk may well see you around Happisburgh sometime

kerbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts