Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly a couple weeks ago, an elderly lady decided to cut me off which left me in the hospital with an open frakture and pretty messed up foot. It also left my Twin with some damage, yet thankfully repairable. Now being on strict bed rest, I am searching for parts to get her back on the road
asap. Cash is slim, so I am hoping to find some second hand parts. I am mainly in need of the following. (I have 1999 RD07a)

Oil cooler incl. pipes
Water cooler left side
skid / bash plate left side
crash bars (if possible SW Motech only left side black, or good shape full set)

Would be happy for any help with parts or being pointed in the right direction for parts.
I live in Cyprus, so any parts would have to be shipped.

Also does anybody have any experience with Boano moto fairings for the AT?

Thank you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope you're going to be alright soon.

Since I got off my AT last summer (broken collar bone) I am currently doing repairs as well.
I damaged the right side of my AT so I might be able to help with the crashbar.

The crashbar is from Touratech and it's all black. The left side is as good as new, the right side is obviously bent but if you have access to the right equipment you might be able to rework that.

I also have some other bits and pieces that are functionally still ok (beeing a perfectionist sometimes makes you change components earlier than absolutely necessary).
PM me if you need other parts and maybe I can help you out.

I don't know about the Boano fairings but I had a fuel tanke made by Boano and the fit was (very) poor. It had to be reworked twice. So I'm rather reluctant with regard to fibre parts. Metall parts however (I have his front forks fitted) are alright.

Cheers
Markus

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sorry to hear of the accident - get well soon

Good luck with the parts - there's a french site that seems to have a lot and also ebay Germany

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident. I hope you heal fast. I lived in Cyprus for a year back in 1999. Loved the Country. Good luck finding the parts you need.:thumbright:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear of the accident - get well soon

Good luck with the parts - there's a french site that seems to have a lot and also ebay Germany
Thanks Paul-S. Appreciate it. I googled some french sites (with the help of google translate) and they have some very professional second hand parts websites there. Found some stuff and waiting to hear from them. Thanks for the tip. Always a bit hesitant with ebay, as I heard so many rip off stories of broken parts received etc..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear of your accident. I hope you heal fast. I lived in Cyprus for a year back in 1999. Loved the Country. Good luck finding the parts you need.:thumbright:
Thanks Loggy. It will be a long road to full recovery, but I am alive and I will be fine again. that is the main part!
Cyprus is a beautiful country. Very biker friendly (besides some unfocused drivers), beautiful roads and landscapes. Perfect for biking. I love it.
You should visit again.. its worth it. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Markus. I sent you a pm.
The Boano seem to be the best aftermarket value / quality. Anything better is so expensive. I found a company in the UK, called slick fairings.
Not sure what their quality is like. Hoping to get some insight from the UK folks on here to see if anybody got their fairings.. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts