Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I have just had a rebore on my 92 Donnie.
What oil should I be using to bed the rings and bore.
Should I stay away from semi synthetic?,
Should I use some cheap oil for 500 miles then change filter and oil for some semi synthetic?
Your thoughts please

·
Stone Crazy
5,312 Posts
Yes i would go with that , use a mineral oil first before synthetics , the engine should bed in better , and dont be afraid to give it an occasional o0pen throttle moment or 2 preferably on the flat or downhill , just dont labour the engine keep it spinning freely

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i would go with that , use a mineral oil first before synthetics , the engine should bed in better , and dont be afraid to give it an occasional o0pen throttle moment or 2 preferably on the flat or downhill , just dont labour the engine keep it spinning freely
Thanks for that much appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm used Repsol moto sintetico ( API SN, JASO MA &MA2, 10w40) and Repsol moto rider (API SL, JASO MA & MA2, 15w50).
Change oils and filter at every 2500-3000km (1500-1800 miles).
The synthetic oil has better shape at the end, but more consumption, especially at high-temp high-speed (above 30Celsius, highway) .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Semi synth will be more than adequate for an old tech engine.
Fully synth in an old thumper will be a waste of money.
Have a look at Silkoleene or castrol website for the product selector. Pick your bike and check for compatable oil. Easy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Semi synth will be more than adequate for an old tech engine.
Fully synth in an old thumper will be a waste of money.
Have a look at Silkoleene or castrol website for the product selector. Pick your bike and check for compatable oil. Easy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts